Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Buying Eshopps PSK-100 HOB skimmer, thoughts?

Gooburz

BEFORE you make any comments on this I am NOT doing a sump and will ONLY be interested in HOB skimmer info.

I've been reading a lot on HOB skimmers and from what I've seen/read the Eshopps PSK-100 HOB skimmer is a really solid skimmer for my 40 Breeder tank. Currently I've been running a A/C 70 with charcoal and a small Aquaticlife mini 115 skimmer. I think it's overdue for a upgrade on filter so I think this should do the trick but wanted feedback from people on HOB skimmers and this one in particular.

Wanted something better and EASY to use because I'm Navy and will be deploying for 9 months and my wife will be taking care of the reef tank. I think with this larger skimmer designed for a 75-100 gallon system should be good for my 40 breeder and keep things in check. Stoked that my LFS carries them and they will price match for me as well.

Thoughs before I pick it up tomorrow?

Sad no comments but I did get the Eshopps PSK-100 and 24 hours into it running it is already pulling good skim and the water looks clearer! I don't know why people seem to hate on HOB skimmers but this thing is already kicking @$$ in my opinion!

Sad no comments but I did get the Eshopps PSK-100 and 24 hours into it running it is already pulling good skim and the water looks clearer! I don't know why people seem to hate on HOB skimmers but this thing is already kicking @$$ in my opinion!

I'm not familiar with HOT skimmers but, if the skimmer goes crazy, like many skimmers can and will at some point, does the water just fall on the floor?

I'm not familiar with HOT skimmers but, if the skimmer goes crazy, like many skimmers can and will at some point, does the water just fall on the floor?

It's not going crazy or falling on the floor..... It is pulling really good dark skim though. I didn't want to do a sump and this thing has showed me that it really isn't needed for smaller reefs because this HOB skimmer is already kicking butt!

Archived