Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

makeshift mini refugium?

tdannhauser30

tdannhauser30

ok so im a very poor college student so am trying to do everything as cheap as possible. If i were to construct a box out of something like plexiglass, and then drill holes throughout the sides would this work asa refugium? im thinking it would be very small, maybe 8 inches long and or 4 inches wide and i would glue suction cups on to make it stick to the back wall.. Ive got LEDs on my tank so the chaeto would have enough light to grow id imagine, and i plan on drilling some larger holes in the sides so enough flow will pass through. what do you all think?

ok so im a very poor college student so am trying to do everything as cheap as possible. If i were to construct a box out of something like plexiglass, and then drill holes throughout the sides would this work asa refugium? im thinking it would be very small, maybe 8 inches long and or 4 inches wide and i would glue suction cups on to make it stick to the back wall.. Ive got LEDs on my tank so the chaeto would have enough light to grow id imagine, and i plan on drilling some larger holes in the sides so enough flow will pass through. what do you all think?

found this vid a while back while i was researching DIY refugium, in the end I made my own design but i think this is what you're looking for:

Archived