LPS

- Branching Hammer - ADDED

- FLorida Ricordia - ADDED

-

ZOA

- god of war zoa - ADDED

Others

- Rose bubble tip anemone

QUESTION: How much should I run the intensity for the Radion. I was running at 70% and it seems I am bleaching the Montipora. I have now reduced it to 50% and moved then down. Sunburst Montipora is doing fine but not the montipora's. How much should I be running at?

(see enclosed schedule - Radion's 'Radiant Reef' modified schedule w/o modifying the light color ratio's)

Parameters seems fine - see signature (They are 3 days old measurements )

post-81712-0-61335900-1412733726_thumb.jpg

How far from the water to the light would help and then how far from the light to the monti

Radion is on an RMS mount around 8 inches above the water line...

ChickenoftheC

You may need to move the radion higher depending how close the radion is to the coral. I have a 10g with a radion over it. 12 inches above water and 15 inches above highest coral running at 60%. Or you could change the intensity throughout your light cycle to have it in more of a arch so it rises to the highest light intensity and then back down so its not just sitting at a high intensity for so long.

You may need to move the radion higher depending how close the radion is to the coral. I have a 10g with a radion over it. 12 inches above water and 15 inches above highest coral running at 60%. Or you could change the intensity throughout your light cycle to have it in more of a arch so it rises to the highest light intensity and then back down so its not just sitting at a high intensity for so long.

The radion is on a RMS mount so pretty much I cannot change the height of the light above the water. The option left is to change intensity and as you said let the light form a sinusoidal crest through the day.

My tank is 24x24x16 and I run my radion @ 45% max. Radion is mounted 8.5 inches above the tank.

Guess I need to lower the intensity to a little bit from 50% ...

Paandemonium

Where did you get most of your coral from? That's wayyyyy too strong for most tanks especially a nano. Lower the intensity to 40% and then if anything Browns out start easing it up. Corals will usually die faster from too much light than they would from too little

Where did you get most of your coral from? That's wayyyyy too strong for most tanks especially a nano. Lower the intensity to 40% and then if anything Browns out start easing it up. Corals will usually die faster from too much light than they would from too little

I lowered the intensity to 45% and evened out the schedule to follow something like a sinusoidal crest. Corals have already been moved lower in the tank. So now it is just wait and see...Hopefully the damage done is not too great

jedimasterben

I would suggest purchasing the wide lens kit for it (but I always recommend this for any fixture that uses lenses, more spread = more better).

Archived