SaltCritters.com

10 Gallon Nano - My Journey.

CosmicCanine

Yeah its complicated, I learned it most while I stumbled apond something while researching when I had my crayfishm Have you tried feeding bb to it? It may open to eat.

I tried feeding it mysis......No feeding response. it just closed likw when the lights are off. it didnt take any of the food it just all sat there then fell off it.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i moved it higher last night its getting direct light off my LEDS and still not open yet. Its been like this since i got it 4 days ago. ive already moved it a few times too. (this isnt my hammer i just found this on the net but mine looks just like this)

Humm, maybe its base or something is damged, tried movinghigher or lower in tank?

here

post-83142-0-60983400-1416344075_thumb.jpg

I moved it into the sandbed.... Its really closed... Its starting to annoy me... this picture i just took.

Maybe to much light, trying moving on the sand, or under a overhang.

here

Its still showing amazing colors though! So i mean thats a plus maybe? Camera sucks though. Its a green tip hammer it almost looks blue to the eye. i love it. i hope it opens. i hope shes okay :(fingerscrossed

post-83142-0-02358400-1416347039_thumb.jpg

If I was you, I would just leave in alone now.. It's probably just adjusting to your conditions and is stressed out from all the moving around. Keep us posted.

Very cool, thanks for documenting your new nano!

Welcome!

If I was you, I would just leave in alone now.. It's probably just adjusting to your conditions and is stressed out from all the moving around. Keep us posted.

I will. Im done touching my tank now until my weekly sunday waterchange. Ill make sure to update you guys frequently. Im on here all day everyday stalking peoples tanks and whatnot. haha! Thanks! (name comes from a pokemon doesnt it?)

I found the solution to the problem! (i think) First It's in the sandbed now. in a moderate flow, it wiggles, then gets a burst once in a while. then, i got some hydrogen peroxide and mixed it 25% 75% with tank water. Let it sit in there about 30 seconds. swished it around.

then got a little scared cuz it was bubbling from where the tentacles are. so i took it out, put it back. and now about half hour later its open about 50% :haha: Do you think it was the HP that helped? wierd, but now im excited knowing that its okay.

Why did you do it though? I'm just curious because I've only heard of people doing a peroxide dip to get rid of nasty hitchhikers

Just because its been close i was thinking and i suspect a hitchhiker of some sort to be hurting or bothering the hammer. I got it from a guy off craigslist so you never know....

Awesome tank! So many places for corals with that scape.

Let's see some pics of the opened up hammer!

Lights aren just turning on...

What a cool tank. I wish I had been into reefing in 11th grade. It would have probably kept me out of a lot of trouble... :blink:

I am happy to hear that your hammer is doing better. I now know how stressful it can be to add a coral :scarry:

I will be following along, keep us all posted.

aquariumlover10

Looka great, hopefully it grows.

I am in 6th grade and I am wanting to get a reef :( but no money :'( although once I movei am going to be in land and I can work as a farm hand and such to get money :D

So earlier today. About 3 hours ago I decided, screw it it wouldn't hurt to try something, so I added Kent essential elements. And um yeah. It worked. My corals are both out and happy. The hammer colored up a bit from what I can tell, and the paly is wide open. My water seems clearer too but maybe that's just me.

post-83142-0-00952700-1416444441_thumb.jpg

post-83142-0-97035800-1416444452_thumb.jpg

post-83142-0-40527300-1416444472_thumb.jpg

That tank looks great.

Thank you!!! Ive been working on it alot. my whole day everyday for the past 2 months has been wake up, school, get home and sit on the computer and lok at NR and youtube. LOL! all day. i dont get up from my computer unless im staring at the tank or eating lol

aquariumlover10

Your welcome, I forgot, are youplanning on keeping on a certain type of coral? Or a mix?if mix maybe some zoas, id certain(assume lps) maybe some candycane corals.

Your welcome, I forgot, are youplanning on keeping on a certain type of coral? Or a mix?if mix maybe some zoas, id certain(assume lps) maybe some candycane corals.

Mixed. Going to have zoas palys, Acans, torch, hammer, gsp, cloves, brain, KRYPTO candy canes, monti caps etc

Archived