ReefCleaners.org

Kessil A360WE

potatocouch

I want you guys to be brutally honest on this.

Can I ask for quick opinion on this schedule on my spectral controller:

3 pm: 0% colour / 0% intensity

4 pm: 70% colour / 40% intensity

6 pm: 100% colour / 60% intensity

8 pm: 60% colour / 30% intensity

9 pm: 40% colour / 5% intensity

10 pm: 0% colour / 0% intensity

Appreciate any feedback that you may have .. negative constructive feedback is most welcomed :)

Does anyone use 100% intensity on the light? I know on my reefbreeder light the highest I use is 30% on each channel at the highest point.

If you really live near GBR, you ever look out the window? :rolleyes: See figure 15 here: http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2013/12/lighting

How do I convert the intensity/colour of Kessil to PAR? What is the most realistic schedule in the ocean?

Does anyone use 100% intensity on the light? I know on my reefbreeder light the highest I use is 30% on each channel at the highest point.

I did use 100% intensity. The torch was coming from a Pico tank with built-in generic LED Light made in China, so you probably can figure out the intensity of that light ... yes it was very low intensity.

When exposed to 100% intensity for short period of time, the torch is loving it ... i can feel that it is happier .. but no, I don't intend to use 100% in my weekly lighting schedule.

As long as your corals are acclimated to your light properly, your coral could easily survive and thrive in those conditions.

Also, as long as your light is not blasting at 100% for 8 hours straight and have a lighting schedule which its only at 100% for 1-2 hours a day, your corals should be fine.

Archived