Innovative Marine Aquariums

Nano led

mrkotabear

jedimasterben

I've battled Cyano Bacteria 1000 times, I know how to kill it haha.

I don't think you do judging by this statement alone.

jedimasterben

Obviously not 1000, it's called an exaggeration, maybe you've heard of it?

I wasn't meaning the number itself, just you saying that you know how to kill it, yet it keeps coming back. ;)

I wasn't meaning the number itself, just you saying that you know how to kill it, yet it keeps coming back. ;)

ROFL. I haven't had it in the last few tanks I've done because I take the precautions to not get it. Currently my best friend borrowed some sand from his moms tank to seed his, and it is already showing up in his. So we are battling that now.

What I should have said was, I have done a lot of research and tend to get rid of it effectively.

Not sure if it's too late to pipe in on this but I would look into a micmol light. I have one over my Nuvo 8 and it's a pretty cool light for one on a budget.

I just contacted AL and they said the wifi controller will have sunset, dusk, sunrise, storm, all those functions through an app. He said the mount isn't included though. So that's about 250 dollars all together. So I'll be saving up for that.

Not sure if it's too late to pipe in on this but I would look into a micmol light. I have one over my Nuvo 8 and it's a pretty cool light for one on a budget.

that's a good option too man! How are you mounting it?

Have you seen any growth? How are the corals?

reefernanoman

I just contacted AL and they said the wifi controller will have sunset, dusk, sunrise, storm, all those functions through an app. He said the mount isn't included though. So that's about 250 dollars all together. So I'll be saving up for that.

At $250, I think that it's still a very good price, due to the fact that no controller would be required! I can't wait to see it on top of your tank! Meanwhile, I'll have to stick to my PAR 38, since I can't sneak it in without my wife noticing through my daughter! She always tells her: "mommy, daddy bought another "fill in the blank" for the tank! She's 7, but I love her!

that's a good option too man! How are you mounting it?

Have you seen any growth? How are the corals?

It comes with a way to mount it to the tank. I think it also has a hanging kit but I didn't use it. The thing is solid.

I use it on a tank with softies and macros. The macros have been growing really well. I've had to turn it down a few times for my mushrooms. It's a powerful light.

fullnuvo8_zpsd00da94d.jpg

nuvo8Sept_zps8f0c915b.jpg

Actually I'm going to be pre ordering that light! Thanks guys. The wifi capabilities is a plus and it includes the mount too! Probably not cree led, but that's okay! Considering the price! Looking to grow softies and lps so I think one should cover

Eh at the price it could really be cree leds. The leds themselves really aren't that expensive. It's the gizmos and features that are. ;)

At $250, I think that it's still a very good price, due to the fact that no controller would be required! I can't wait to see it on top of your tank! Meanwhile, I'll have to stick to my PAR 38, since I can't sneak it in without my wife noticing through my daughter! She always tells her: "mommy, daddy bought another "fill in the blank" for the tank! She's 7, but I love her!

Hahaha. My girlfriend says I spend too much money on my fish thank. So I think those are my two options I'll have to compare side by side. Maybe I'll get both and see which one I like better and sell the other when I get the money. Thank you for everyone's suggestions this was a good thread!

Hahaha. My girlfriend says I spend too much money on my fish thank. So I think those are my two options I'll have to compare side by side. Maybe I'll get both and see which one I like better and sell the other when I get the money. Thank you for everyone's suggestions this was a good thread!

It comes with a way to mount it to the tank. I think it also has a hanging kit but I didn't use it. The thing is solid.

I use it on a tank with softies and macros. The macros have been growing really well. I've had to turn it down a few times for my mushrooms. It's a powerful light.

fullnuvo8_zpsd00da94d.jpg

nuvo8Sept_zps8f0c915b.jpg

That's a great looking tank and light!

Archived