Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Nano led

mrkotabear

What's the best led to go for? I've got a Mr Aqua looking to grow anything.

*Mr. Aqua 7.5 looking to mount it somewhere on the tank. It's 12x12x12

The best? At that size I would recommend Nano Box, great lights and he has an Eco that works great on small tanks.

It just depends on your budget though, Dave with Nano Box makes amazingly beautiful lights which are full spectrum and come with an awesome gooseneck!

What's the best led to go for? I've got a Mr Aqua looking to grow anything.

*Mr. Aqua 7.5 looking to mount it somewhere on the tank. It's 12x12x12

Check the Mini Tide out.

https://flic.kr/p/pdeUVV'>15234718127_e9bc5441bb_c.jpghttps://flic.kr/p/pdeUVV'>lakerstideG by https://www.flickr.com/people/63309413@N05/'>NanoBoxReef, on Flickr

https://flic.kr/p/oWSxqS'>15060801006_5297d66dcb_c.jpghttps://flic.kr/p/oWSxqS'>14533157890_69391345f2_o by https://www.flickr.com/people/63309413@N05/'>NanoBoxReef, on Flickr

I second the nano box. I just ordered one! The best part is the customer service that comes with the product. Dave noticed I had asked about a color combination before ordering and when I didn't order that combo he sent me a message checking to make sure I got exactly what I wanted. I will post pics in a build thread when it comes in a few weeks.

I would love one. That's my first choice if I had the money but it's just too expensive:/ cause poor high school kid

I would love one. That's my first choice if I had the money but it's just too expensive:/ cause poor high school kid

You wrote best.

Mow some lawns, pull weeds.

Work at school cafeteria for lunch.

Sell some video games.

???

Reef Radiance. Their Nano CREE Pro is on sale for over $100 off. They only have four left and it only lasts until 10/10. Full spectrum. Dimmable. These things are built super well.

Went and looked at the Nano Cree Pro.

Not exactly easy on the eyes, are they.

Reef Radiance. Their Nano CREE Pro is on sale for over $100 off. They only have four left and it only lasts until 10/10. Full spectrum. Dimmable. These things are built super well.

I build my own fixtures. Dont do it to save money. You wont. And DIY resale price is pitiful. You can get most your money back on a NanoBox or a quality commercial fixture. You can't make that NanoBox Mini Tide for $250.

make your own fixture my friend.

Yeah, with a budget cap of $150, you are looking at a used Kessil 150, or a Coral Compulsion Par30 with gooseneck.

I have used or directly observed just about every nano LED light out there, and my vote goes to the NanoBox Mini Tide, and my advice is to save up... ;)

You mean the light that's half cree half "Bridgelux".

They should call it the nano half-Cree/half-EpiLED Pro instead.

You can wait for the AI Prime to come out sometime before the holidays. A little over your budget @ $200, but I think it's going to be a good light for what you pay.

reefernanoman

You can wait for the AI Prime to come out sometime before the holidays. A little over your budget @ $200, but I think it's going to be a good light for what you pay.

I was just about to offer the same advice. :)

looks like a very cool light!!

And it's only $50 over your budget! I would say wait.

But the problem with this is the light I have right now is the wrong spectrum. So I'm pretty sure its a cause of my cyano outbreak

But the problem with this is the light I have right now is the wrong spectrum. So I'm pretty sure its a cause of my cyano outbreak

Buy some Chemi Clean. Are you using RO/DI water? How's your flow? What's your light schedule like?

I've battled Cyano Bacteria 1000 times, I know how to kill it haha.

Buy some Chemi Clean. Are you using RO/DI water? How's your flow? What's your light schedule like?

Just ordered some chemi clean actually. Should be here soon. I've got one maxi jet 400 but I'm gonna be getting one more pump soon. Lighting schedule starts at 8 am goes till 4 pm. I've got a turkey Baster and I blow it off once a day. 10 pounds of rock, a HOB filter with purigen and some nuvo media. Does chemi clean work?

and yeah I'm using RO/DI with top offs once a day. I get it from my lfs for 50 cents a gallon.

Actually I'm going to be pre ordering that light! Thanks guys. The wifi capabilities is a plus and it includes the mount too! Probably not cree led, but that's okay! Considering the price! Looking to grow softies and lps so I think one should cover

Just ordered some chemi clean actually. Should be here soon. I've got one maxi jet 400 but I'm gonna be getting one more pump soon. Lighting schedule starts at 8 am goes till 4 pm. I've got a turkey Baster and I blow it off once a day. 10 pounds of rock, a HOB filter with purigen and some nuvo media. Does chemi clean work?

and yeah I'm using RO/DI with top offs once a day. I get it from my lfs for 50 cents a gallon.

Actually I'm going to be pre ordering that light! Thanks guys. The wifi capabilities is a plus and it includes the mount too! Probably not cree led, but that's okay! Considering the price! Looking to grow softies and lps so I think one should cover

I would get the water tested at LFS, their filters could be old. Also, you want to siphon out the Cyano, while doing water changes preferably. Chemi Clean works wonders because it kills all the Cyano Bacteria while preserving your Nitrifying bacteria. Make sure to only feed every 2-3 days and siphon any left over food out.

Archived