Top Shelf Aquatics

Skunk Cleaner the leader of the pack!

SquishyFishy

SquishyFishy

This is funny.....so the skunk shrimp was always pretty aggressive, especially considering he finally did away with the peppermint shrimp (didn't even find a shred of her). But just in the last couple days I have observed some pretty weird behavior on his part, we call him Jacques.

I just couldn't understand why the two clowns never came out of their little corner of the tank, I've brought in every anemone and coral they could possibly want to host...nothing doin. They just do their thing back in the corner!

But today I was watching them and now that they are the only 2 fish in the tank, I noticed that Jacques stands guard at the entrance to their corner behind the leather and he keeps a feeler in contact with each clown all the time. It looks like a sheep herder trying to shepherd his sheep. Like he's sayin, "Stay back there, don't come out!" It is really too funny, I'll try to get a video of it if I can.

Has anyone ever run across this kooky behavior before????

mine%20002-XL.jpg

Couldn't get the video to post but here's a good still

I watched a video where a shrimp and 2 gobies had this kind of symbiotic relationship. the shrimp dug the tunnels and would keep his feelers on the fish and if they sensed danger the fish would shake and the shrimp would dart back into the tunnel....Perhaps this is what you are seeing...Or perhaps your shrimp is just the A-hole on the block and lets no one in on his Turf!!

reefernanoman

I watched a video where a shrimp and 2 gobies had this kind of symbiotic relationship. the shrimp dug the tunnels and would keep his feelers on the fish and if they sensed danger the fish would shake and the shrimp would dart back into the tunnel....Perhaps this is what you are seeing...Or perhaps your shrimp is just the A-hole on the block and lets no one in on his Turf!!

I have the exact opposite, which is two shrimp and one goby crew.

They are the only tank mates now besides the knobby star so I think they just like to hang...but I have to say, the clowns almost never come out of the corner except to feed on the pellets and Jacques comes out and makes a few rounds of the tank....they don't. Kinda not exactly what I'd like, really wish they would be more sociable. But I really think Jacques provides a kinda bodyguard position with them. It's cute to watch.....but hope he's not preventing them from coming out. Nobody ever sees them until I point them out in the corner :(

Archived