Innovative Marine Aquariums

S T E V B E N

benjho

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tank: Innovative Marine Fusion 10g (on the way next week)Lights: Maxspect Celestial 35-f (received)Sand: Carib Sea Instant Aquarium Black Sand (bought)Rocks: Maybe later on, live rocksLivestock: Lps mainly
:omgomgomg: welcome back

Sorry to hear about your pops I have been there to. Nice to see you back around look forward to your build.

: omgomgomg: welcome back

Sorry to hear about your pops I have been there to. Nice to see you back around look forward to your build.

Thanks man. Yeah I remember you told me about your pops in the past through pm's. It sucks, we know, but that's life sometimes. At least we know, both our pops are in better places now.

Damn man sorry to hear about your dad and everything you've had goin on but glad to see you back around and setting up a new tank even :)

Thanks man, yeah it's been sad and rough lately. Time to get some corals going on.

Corals make everything better! Do you have the tank yet, I saw you said you preordered it....

Yeah it sure does. Nope, it's sold out everywhere online. I checked marinedepot, aquacave, aquariumspecialty, premiumaquatics, etc. All sold out. Talked to my lfs and she's local to IM, so she will be able to get some in stock by next week since IM just ordered more.

Yeah it sure does. Nope, it's sold out everywhere online. I checked marinedepot, aquacave, aquariumspecialty, premiumaquatics, etc. All sold out. Talked to my lfs and she's local to IM, so she will be able to get some in stock by next week since IM just ordered more.

Awesome sounds like it won't be to long then! Definitely look forward to seeing what you do with it and having ya around more again.

Welcome back. Following along!

Thanks man.

Awesome sounds like it won't be to long then! Definitely look forward to seeing what you do with it and having ya around more again.

Thanks man. My plans for this tank is to surpass my previous builds since I kinda want to dedicate this tank to my father, in memory of him. He was the only person who got me into the aquarium hobby, starting with freshwater. He wanted to build a koi pond in the backyard a long time ago. I might just have to have a koi pond later on as well.

Glad to see that you're back dude (I was like FUDGE when I saw your FS post :(). My condolences to your father.

Side note, Sexycorals is moving somewhere slightly closer to your house.

Thanks man. My plans for this tank is to surpass my previous builds since I kinda want to dedicate this tank to my father, in memory of him. He was the only person who got me into the aquarium hobby, starting with freshwater. He wanted to build a koi pond in the backyard a long time ago. I might just have to have a koi pond later on as well.

I know you will do your father proud man, definitely look forward to seeing what you come up with :)

My father-in-law has a koi pond/ moat around their pool its pretty cool, only thing I don't like about it is here it freezes over so he has to take them out and put them somewhere else for winter, but I'd imagine in cali thats not quite as big of an issue lol

looking forward to this, lps is awesome.

+1 :)

I've been looking at this pendant, look forward to seeing what it can do

From what I've seen on youtube, seems like a decent light. Thought I'd give it a try since I've never owned a maxspect product before.

Following :happydance:.

Thank you Gena.

This is the first build I've seen to use the Maxspect Celestial.

I think there are a few maxspect celestial owner builds here. Remember seeing 1, that's why I thought about it.

Glad to see that you're back dude (I was like FUDGE when I saw your FS post :(). My condolences to your father.

Side note, Sexycorals is moving somewhere slightly closer to your house.

Thanks man. Yeah, it's really hard to quit from this hobby... I think I've tried like 3 times already....most addicting hobby I've ever got into.

Where is he moving to? His stuff is way overpriced, but if he's 5-10min close, I wouldn't mind checking out his corals.

looking forward to this, lps is awesome.

Thanks man. I'm a lps man.

Looking forward to this

Thanks man.

I know you will do your father proud man, definitely look forward to seeing what you come up with :)

My father-in-law has a koi pond/ moat around their pool its pretty cool, only thing I don't like about it is here it freezes over so he has to take them out and put them somewhere else for winter, but I'd imagine in cali thats not quite as big of an issue lol

+1 :)

Thanks man. My previous builds weren't great imo, so this shouldn't be too hard to make it better.

Yeah winter is no good for koi ponds, CA should be fine though if the pond isn't too deep, but it does get very cold regardless. Must be a big hassle for your father-in-law if he's got a big pond, or many small kois.

Thanks man. My previous builds weren't great imo, so this shouldn't be too hard to make it better.

They weren't horrible, the no rock scoly tank was a cool idea, a bit off the wall but coulda been pretty cool if ya could of stuck with it really.

Yeah winter is no good for koi ponds, CA should be fine though if the pond isn't too deep, but it does get very cold regardless. Must be a big hassle for your father-in-law if he's got a big pond, or many small kois.

Yeah depends where your at in Cali I guess and what you consider very cold lol Here the ground freezes somethin like 3-4' below level LOL

Yeah his pond is pretty decent size, its a few feet wide and deep but like 20' long "moat" around the pool with probably a 300g actual pond at the one end. He has quite a few koi, one of them had babies this summer so he has even more now, and he has a bunch of goldfish the size of dinner plates LOL A few years ago he had a blue herring that came in and was eating a bunch of his fish so he bought a ton of goldfish because they were cheaper to replace. Herring stopped coming around and boom 50 massive goldfish (he feeds a ton daily and filters it with a pool filter... not the same one from the pool tho lol).

They weren't horrible, the no rock scoly tank was a cool idea, a bit off the wall but coulda been pretty cool if ya could of stuck with it really.

Yeah depends where your at in Cali I guess and what you consider very cold lol Here the ground freezes somethin like 3-4' below level LOL

Yeah his pond is pretty decent size, its a few feet wide and deep but like 20' long "moat" around the pool with probably a 300g actual pond at the one end. He has quite a few koi, one of them had babies this summer so he has even more now, and he has a bunch of goldfish the size of dinner plates LOL A few years ago he had a blue herring that came in and was eating a bunch of his fish so he bought a ton of goldfish because they were cheaper to replace. Herring stopped coming around and boom 50 massive goldfish (he feeds a ton daily and filters it with a pool filter... not the same one from the pool tho lol).

Thanks man, yeah that scoly tank was probably the best build I had so far. I can guarantee you that this build will be better though, since my tastes in scolys are higher now, and this tank has 3 more gallons. I need to get my hands on a few crazy plates too. Something I'm really looking forward to. I've never had a crazy plate or wellso/meat coral before.

Oh, so he still moves the goldfishes out during winter? That's a lot of work if he does.

O.K., I'm an old guy so bear with me.... Is S T E V B E N and Droolz one and the same??

I'd like to follow your thread, but I don't know which one, so....

I'm so confused..... :huh:

O.K., I'm an old guy so bear with me.... Is S T E V E B E N and Droolz one and the same??

Droolz was his old build. This is his new build named after him and his father I believe. Now go drink your Metamucil ;).

O.K., I'm an old guy so bear with me.... Is S T E V E B E N and Droolz one and the same??

Same guy under two different usernames, illuiix and benjho. S T E V B E N stands for my dad's name(Steve) and mine(Ben) combined. He recently passed away so I decided to get back into the hobby and dedicate this tank in good memory of him.

Droolz was his old build. This is his new build named after him and his father I believe. Now go drink your Metamucil ;).

Yup. :)

Archived