SaltCritters.com

stocking plans

jamescon85

Hi all,

I currently have a 130 litre both tank with a maroon clown and a chromis, along with my clean up crew. Been researching what I eventually want to add to the tank;

Royal gramma

Firefish (purple or red, maybe both?)

Dwarf Angel (either bicolour or coral beauty)

Mandarins (definitely be last and in 3-4 months time

I also do like the blue damsel however had bad experience with a yellow tail, so will either leave or add last.

Does this list sound ok? Any others people would suggest that will be worth looking at? Need to be reef safe.

Cheers

I wouldn't add a Firefish or Mandarin because the Maroon would be far too aggressive. The angel may require more space, my Coral Beauty Angel runs the length of my 72 gallon (270 liter) bowfront.

A Gramma could work, or a dottyback, basically any fish that can hold it's ground against a Maroon.

The maroon seems harmless, lives happily with the chromis and no signs of aggression. I was planning on doing the gramma first, so I guess I will take the rest depending on how the maroon is

CronicReefer

If your interested in a damsel you should check out a domino damsel(red sea damsel). Reef safe and easy to keep with some cool patterns. They will even sometimes host an anemone.

I love firefish! I had two of them, a purple and red one. Though, they both died after I was gone and this lady was supposed to watch them. . . didnt even feed them. . . They just sat at one side of my tank and they slept on the sand together! :3

Is your maroon clowns the gold stripe or the white stripe. Maroons are aggressive to begin I know I have seen one get so aggressive that they will even attack a hand going into the tank. Have a back up plan if you decide to go with another fish, keep in mind that clowns are a damsel.

If your interested in a damsel you should check out a domino damsel(red sea damsel). Reef safe and easy to keep with some cool patterns. They will even sometimes host an anemone.

Dominos would get very very very aggressive

I'm pretty sure they get to be like 6" long too, in some cases, and they prefer to be in groups.

Is your maroon clowns the gold stripe or the white stripe. Maroons are aggressive to begin I know I have seen one get so aggressive that they will even attack a hand going into the tank. Have a back up plan if you decide to go with another fish, keep in mind that clowns are a damsel.

My clarkii clown drew blood twice..

Earlier I added both a royal gramma and a firefish, been in for a few hours and no signs of any aggression at all. Fingers crossed they will be fine

Archived