Top Shelf Aquatics

Reef Cleaners nano order review with high resolution photos

MrSexyShrimp

MrSexyShrimp

I ordered the 34 gallon nano package, small barnacles, 1 penny macro, chaeto, and red gracilaria. Previously I purchased a 30lb dry rock package.

The nerites, dwarf ceriths and nassarius snails all acclimated without issue and seem to be doing well. They emerged from their shells within minutes.

The nassarius especially have been cruising around the tank. They're my favorites to watch.

The smaller nerites have moved all over the place overnight, but the larger ones have seemed to settle in. I see their antennae waving though, they're not closed up, just stationary.

The dwarf ceriths seem to move as a cluster. They seen to prefer to form a pile in the gap between the starboard and the edge of the tank.

The Florida ceriths I'm worried didn't make it. When I opened the bag, it smelled pretty bad compared to the other bags. I put them in the tank in a cluster for easy observation, but none have moved of their own volition yet. I've seen some nassarius snails trying to climb inside the cerith shells... I think one probably died during shipping and poisoned the others, and now the nassarius are trying to eat the corpses. I don't want to throw out any possible survivors, but I also don't want to keep so many probably dead snails.

That being said, I certainly don't hold any possible DOAs against Reefcleaners, these things happen. I feel like I've received excellent customer service and excellent value. I'll definitely order again when the need arises.

Dry rock

EAkntL3.jpg

Barnacles

YKIBu9J.jpg

Chaeto

f0CaQkz.jpg

Red gracilaria

zIhpIX0.jpg

1 Penny Macroalgae (unknown species)

r2mKRXw.jpg

Nassarius vibex (Ordered 12, received 19)

Nq9KrEI.jpg

Florida ceriths, possibly DOA (Ordered 15, received 16)

R0t3JEK.jpg

Dwarth ceriths plus one full-size cerith (Ordered 47, received too many to count)

NUuSESM.jpg

Nerites (ordered 17, received 16, no big deal)

9zyF5QW.jpg

Hitchhiker hermit crab

k7wtFAv.jpg

Link to imgur gallery: http://imgur.com/a/K4p5g

All images are © Copyright 2014 MrSexyShrimp, all rights reserved.

Archived