ReefCleaners.org

Cronic's Lobster Shack (being upgraded)

CronicReefer

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My lobster molted last night and now has a second claw! :D Its about 1/2 the size of his other but I'm so glad to see it growing back after a month of being the one-armed bandit. I'll try to take a picture whenever he decides to come out and eat.

I enjoyed checking out the progression of your FTS. You are getting good growth in your tank. Nice job and happy to hear about the lobster having 2 claws.

I enjoyed checking out the progression of your FTS. You are getting good growth in your tank. Nice job and happy to hear about the lobster having 2 claws.

Thanks a bunch. I'm really looking forward to how it's going to grow over the next year. I hope my lobster won't be so shy now either.

New corals for the new lights :D

Purple Acro w/ Green Tips, I wish I could take a picture under only blues, it turns blue/purple with vibrant green tips. Looks completely different from this but still nice either way.

2d9tzqd.jpg

Red Rhodactis that I would love to see some babies from

jgqqzs.jpg

GI Joe Zoa ~20 polyps

20fq6no.jpg

The lonely Cherry Blasto

501f29.jpg

One of my LFS has been getting in some great designer zoanthids lately so I decided to start expanding my collection with these two new frags.

9fpaoy.jpg

And an older colony that has been growing nicely.

35c3j7r.jpg

Living Reef or Top Shelf Aquatics by chance?

Living Reef or Top Shelf Aquatics by chance?

Top shelf is where I go for my zoas and sticks, best prices around. World wide corals is where I go for chalices and brain corals because they always have really great colors.

Bought two new corals with my Christmas money today :D.

A huge frag of a Poker Star Monti (~3" across)

1z6tkox.jpg

Aussie Highlighter Green Table Acro

ok789d.jpg

Hi Chronic. Read on another thread that you've been able to kill bryopsis with heavy phosphate stripping. Do you have a picture of the level of infestation you were dealing with before you took steps to remove it?

Also, do you have any SPS?

Thanks

Kat

Edit - I see SPS. How are your phosphate levels

CronicReefer

Hi Chronic. Read on another thread that you've been able to kill bryopsis with heavy phosphate stripping. Do you have a picture of the level of infestation you were dealing with before you took steps to remove it?

Also, do you have any SPS?

Thanks

Kat

Edit - I see SPS. How are your phosphate levels

I wish I had a picture but of it originally but I don't, here is a picture of it now though.

2przc5h.jpg

The clump has shrunken down to about half its original size over the past 3 weeks (I started phosphate stripping about 6 weeks ago). I don't test my phosphate levels, I could have them do this for me tomorrow at the LFS when I get my water if you like. I only assume they are zero now since the problem algae is fading away. The snail in the picture was also growing bryopsis out of its shell which is gone now. I have an emerald crab but he does not eat this patch of algae so I know it has not been due to him cutting it down plus it is graying out which is a sign it is dying. I do not believe the phosphate stripping is hurting my SPS as I see good growth except from my monti cap. My acropora color is nice and vibrant under the blues and my acro echinata has really nice PE.

Happy New Year to everyone here! New FTS for the year. I don't plan on adding any new corals unless a zoa or yuma catches my eye, I just want to watch everything grow out of the rocks now.

2hxpu05.jpg

CronicReefer

Had water tested at LFS today. Phosphates were 0, magnesium was at 1400. I just wanted to confirm it was the addition of the phosphate adsorbing media that has been killing my bryopsis off and not elevated magnesium.

overall really impressed with your build. You have some great quality photos and even better corals! though with all of those frags you're gonna need to upgrade soon... ;)

overall really impressed with your build. You have some great quality photos and even better corals! though with all of those frags you're gonna need to upgrade soon... ;)

Hey thanks a lot! I'm just really lucky to live near some amazing coral shops. I'm definitely going to upgrade to something that's at least double the length once these corals get big and fat, I really want to get a flame angel once I do.

In other news I got a new fish today :D. It's a 1.5" long ORA Springeri Dottyback who is already destroying the pods not even 5 minutes into my tank. I heard they eat bristleworms so I'm hoping he'll find some in my tank before they turn into 10" monsters like the last one I had to pull out.

Snatching a pod off the glass

97l82g.png

Hunting over the rocks

4tn2i1.png

30codgx.png

cool fish addition! I love the fluid movement s on those guys.

Thanks, I was looking for a good swimmer that would contrast my lazy clowns.

Ordered a pair of Jebao RW-4 to get some better circulation going in my tank and they arrived in only one day! I even chose free shipping cause I'm cheap like that. Going to get these installed after I get back with my chinese food.

nv1a9s.jpg

RW-4s are officially up and running and they are dead silent. I currently have them set on mode C for alternating flow on lowest speed. It looks like I've managed to eliminate all my dead spots which I'm very pleased about and hopefully my SPS will enjoy the stronger currents. Picture of them installed below.

2u7m7w7.jpg

New corals for the new lights :D

Purple Acro w/ Green Tips, I wish I could take a picture under only blues, it turns blue/purple with vibrant green tips. Looks completely different from this but still nice either way.

2d9tzqd.jpg

That's a really nice piece of Needle in a Haystack man !!! Was that the plate they had for like $20-$25 ? I almost snagged that at their Farm Opening if that's the one lol.

That's a really nice piece of Needle in a Haystack man !!! Was that the plate they had for like $20-$25 ? I almost snagged that at their Farm Opening if that's the one lol.

Is that what it is called? Looks exactly like a WWC Little Red Ferarri as well but when I bought it from TS they called it a "deepwater" acro lol. I'm not that big on names anyway, I just buy the corals I like. And yeah that plate was only like $25, its got some nice textures to it and I enjoy watching it pass mysis up to its mouth from tentacle to tentacle.

Archived