ReefCleaners.org

HELP: Water Fell into Powersupply LEDS immediately turned OFF

Jonnywhoop

Tearing down my planted tank and I was messing with my siphon hose and a good spill landed RIGHT on the hole of my powersupply for my reef tank LEDs. They immediately turned off. I pulled the plug on the powersupply and its sitting by the window near the tank in front of the sun... :o

What do I do from here on out? Is this powersupply totally compromised?

Thanks...

Prob done. Let it dry out completely and try it again. Could possibly fix it if it doesnt work but you would have to take it apart and see what all fried.

jedimasterben

There is a possibility that it is fine, or that it will work and seem normal for a bit and then blow up, but there is always the possibility for that ;)

I would recommend to replace it anyway, and I suggest an IP67 Meanwell HLG.

Can you open the power supply to look inside? If there was no smoke or sparks or some noise when the the water fell in maybe be recoverable? If you open the power supply and and when dry wipe off the salt etc - it may work. if you saw smoke, noise , spark or inside you see an area with carbon deposit from a burn the probably it a goner.

There is a possibility that it is fine, or that it will work and seem normal for a bit and then blow up, but there is always the possibility for that ;)

I would recommend to replace it anyway, and I suggest an IP67 Meanwell HLG.

QFT

Archived