inTank Media Baskets

FS: MP40wES, $250 shipped

jedimasterben

jedimasterben

Like the title says :)

Manufacture date is May 28, 2010. Has a slight hum to the bearings at full bore, but it is a hum and not a grind noise, so it's not noticeable. Wet side has had a maintenance kit recently. I've also got two foam covers, the little mounting stickies, and the rest of the maintenance kit along with the old propeller if I can find it.

$250 shipped

I've also got a noisy MP10wES. Manufacture date is 7/29/2013. I've replaced the bearings with new steel ones, but the damned thing still makes a whirring noise. Probably can just take the bearings apart and lube them (like I said, they're brand new, supposedly pre-lubed), but more trouble than it's worth for me as I've got a Maxspect gyre and no other tanks to use this on.

$100 shipped

MP10 pics
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-UcQiCy8LGxM/VD2fQ73uo-I/AAAAAAAATrE/CnUP6zeBZNI/s1024/IMG_20141014_180650801.jpg

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-eEdYrilbVro/VD2fQ-Vs31I/AAAAAAAATrE/lcOvYaNcSGg/s1024/IMG_20141014_180644930.jpg

old OP below

The first MP40 manufacture date is May 28, 2010. This one has a very slight hum to the bearings. If your tank makes any noise, this will be negligible.

The second MP40 has a manufacture date of December 19th, 2012, but had its dry side go bad, so I had it replaced by Ecotech in November 2013.

Both wet sides are in good condition, both have had regular maintenance and have relatively new propellers and shafts (replaced via maintenance kits).

Buy both and I'll include some new sponge covers and the rest of the maintenance stuff.

$300 shipped each, $575 shipped for both.

jedimasterben

Newer MP40 sold. After taking pics of the two dry sides and controllers, I realized that the older model has some wire showing at the dry side. Doesn't affect the performance, obviously, but wanted full disclosure.

IMG_20141001_212031612.jpg

IMG_20141001_212054387.jpg

The spacers/power supplies/wet sides aren't in the pics, the wet sides are soaking in vinegar and the rest of the stuff was in another room for a good wipedown. I like to clean the hell out of everything before getting rid of it :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived