Pod Your Reef

Nano-Reef Meet-Up! Oct.18th @Reefwise

Mr. Microscope

Mr. Microscope

i vote the next one is around christmas. so i can go. :D

Same. Except not the day before or after X-mas hah.

Sounds good! That will be a good span of time. Perhaps in the middle of the month-ish.

Oh yes! I'm gonna see about that for you!

Awesome! Thanks!

I'm still coming. It will just be me though.

Cool cool!
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool, I'm in for this Saturday!! Those frags look awesome, what kind of lighting do they need? I the only SPS I have is a birds nest that is about 3" under my Current-USA Orbit LED and it's really growing nice. Will this SPS do good under moderate light?

Maybe I'm asking too many questions and I should save them for the meetup! ;) Looking forward to meeting other reefers!

Mr. Microscope

Cool, I'm in for this Saturday!! Those frags look awesome, what kind of lighting do they need? I the only SPS I have is a birds nest that is about 3" under my Current-USA Orbit LED and it's really growing nice. Will this SPS do good under moderate light?

Maybe I'm asking too many questions and I should save them for the meetup! ;) Looking forward to meeting other reefers!

Yay!

The satosa is a very tolerant monti as far as lighting goes. It maintains its nice red in high or moderate lighting. I have my mother colony positioned in the bottom half of my tank and it does fine. The only warning I give about the satosa is that it doesn't form a very good slime coating like acros and other montis. So, you don't want to expose it to air for a very long time (like during water changes, etc.). If you do have it exposed, just splash it from time to time.

I'm totally stoked. I took a long weekend and it starts this afternoon! I can't wait to meet everyone tomorrow.

Woo-hoo! See you soon. Thanks for making the trip!
Mr. Microscope

i will be 30 mins late or so. have an appointment in downtown at 12 =(.

No worries. We'll probably be there for a while.

Reefwise posted on their Facebook a whole buncha new corals!!

Thanks you! Gonna go check that out now.

Very nice to meet Mr. Microscope, Kimberbee and HVani (Sorry if I missed anyone else that I met!). And thank you Mr. Microscope for the frag and refractometer calibration fluid!

How did everyone like Reefwise? Lets see some pics of anything you bought in next couple days. I bought a Chalice and a small piece of SPS (can't remember the name). They are acclimating now so I'll get a shot tomorrow!

Mr. Microscope

Thank you to everyone who came to Reefwise today! It was great meeting everyone. I hope everyone and your purchases made it home safely. I'd say the day was a success!

Very nice to meet Mr. Microscope, Kimberbee and HVani (Sorry if I missed anyone else that I met!). And thank you Mr. Microscope for the frag and refractometer calibration fluid!

How did everyone like Reefwise? Lets see some pics of anything you bought in next couple days. I bought a Chalice and a small piece of SPS (can't remember the name). They are acclimating now so I'll get a shot tomorrow!

I'll be uploading pics of my purchase. I took home a maricultured Bubble Gum Mill! It's settled in nicely and has great PE already.

Got a really nice two heads yellow torch but came home and saw there's two big barnacle growing in it. argh...I know they are suppose to be harmless but i feel they do impact the torch...

also got a nice chunk of sun coral.

Got a really nice two heads yellow torch but came home and saw there's two big barnacle growing in it. argh...I know they are suppose to be harmless but i feel they do impact the torch...

also got a nice chunk of sun coral.

Hope the barnacle doesn't cause problems!

I'll get pics up of my new goodies up soon!

Mr. Microscope

Okay. So, I couldn't help breaking out the camera last night. I fed my new acro and it extended its polyps and threw out mesenterial filaments already. I know maricultured acros can be a gamble, but hope this one holds in my care.

Front

bubblegummilli0420141018_zpsc68f6396.jpg

Side

bubblegummilli0320141018_zpsbd7c0b94.jpg

Top down (color is more accurate here)

bubblegummilli0220141018_zps49802313.jpg

bubblegummilli0120141018_zps06e75fe8.jpg

Wow that milli looks even better in your tank!

We got home kind of late last night so I haven't had a chance to get any pictures yet.

I picked up a beautiful welso brain, a gold torch and a lovely orange/green BTA. All are open and awesome looking this morning.

Mr. Microscope

Wow that milli looks even better in your tank!

We got home kind of late last night so I haven't had a chance to get any pictures yet.

I picked up a beautiful welso brain, a gold torch and a lovely orange/green BTA. All are open and awesome looking this morning.

Yeah, I can't wait to see that welso. It even looked amazing in the bag!

How was the Field Museum?

i am gonnna have to rescape today to fit everything somehow.....haha

lol, I'm rethinking my anemones now. I had to put my new milli pretty close to them. Good luck!
Mr. Microscope

Finally got pics!

Small SPS frag (can't remember the name)

_DSC1715_zps9369a475.jpg

Very nice! Looks like an encrusting monti. It'll take out that birdsnest when it gets to it.

Very nice! Looks like an encrusting monti. It'll take out that birdsnest when it gets to it.

That's it, a monti! Thanks.

"Take out" as in, it will kill it? hmmm....guess I put it in a bad location!! I'll have to move it or the birdsnest.

Mr. Microscope

That's it, a monti! Thanks.

"Take out" as in, it will kill it? hmmm....guess I put it in a bad location!! I'll have to move it or the birdsnest.

Not the whole thing, but probably about a 1/4-1/2 inch when it gets close and it'll continue as it grows.

Finally got pics!

Chalice

_DSC1722_zpse0df1114.jpg

Satosa Frag from Mr. Microscope:

_DSC1708_zps3f67bc4d.jpg

Small SPS frag (can't remember the name)

_DSC1715_zps9369a475.jpg

Chalice looks awesome!

Archived