Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Nano-Reef Meet-Up! Oct.18th @Reefwise

Mr. Microscope

Mr. Microscope

Attention Chicagoland/Midwest Nano-Reefers!

Hello All,

Since moving back to the midwest, I've been meaning to make a trip out to see Reefwise in Lisle. I keep hearing from the locals that this is THE place to go in the Chicagoland area for a primo selection of healthy corals and fish.

http://www.reefwisesales.com/

It's about an hour+ drive for me which makes it tough to justify for just poking around and grabbing a frag or two. So, I figured why not make a little meet-and-greet event out of it?!

I know there are several fellow Nano-Reefers here that live in the Chicagoland region. Though, even if you're located in Wisconsin or Indiana it might be worth the trip.

It'd be great to put some faces to names and talk latin with a few people who understand what the words Acropora and Acanthastrea mean. If you feel like bringing some corals to trade or give away, it'll just sweeten the deal, though certianly not necessary.

I have enough Red Hot Satosa to make about six frags to give away to fellow Nano-Reefers that want to meet up. Though, I might be able to squeeze another couple out of the mother if more people sign up.

Reefwise, Saturday, October 18th at 1pm.

The following members are coming!

• Mr. Microscope
  • kimberbee
  • HVani
  • {8ry}
  • scotty (CLR)
  • keishakornbread (CLR)
  • plainrt (maybe)
  • ninjamyst
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now may not be the best time to visit if it's been hyped up a lot, I was there a couple weeks back and they were still renovating the store, and one of the 3 frag tanks was pretty much offline. This was a couple weeks back though, and normally it is the best selection in the area.

Mr. Microscope

Now may not be the best time to visit if it's been hyped up a lot, I was there a couple weeks back and they were still renovating the store, and one of the 3 frag tanks was pretty much offline. This was a couple weeks back though, and normally it is the best selection in the area.

Either way, I still wanna see it and meet some folks. You should come!

Mr. Microscope
I think Ive got a foot ball game at downers north that sat which is just down the street, may just have to stop in on the way home :)
Cool! It'd be great to meet you!

NOOOOOOO GOD DANG IT. :(
Come on! It's only a four hour flight! Sorry Klein.
Dr.Brain Coral

I really wish I could come. These should be a common thing on here. Like if any one if traveling post it on Nano Reef and we could all meet up if you are in the area and talk Corals and stuff

Mr. Microscope
Dang it!!! Going to lake Geneva that weekend... I want sum red hot setosa :(

D'oh! I got a piece for you dude. Whenever you want it swing by. ;)

I was there last weekend. They're low on fish, since they are still renovating, but their coral tanks all looked filled up.

I would think in another two weeks, they would have more done with the fish tanks!!

Attention Chicagoland/Midwest Nano-Reefers!

Hello All,

Since moving back to the midwest, I've been meaning to make a trip out to see Reefwise in Lisle. I keep hearing from the locals that this is THE place to go in the Chicagoland area for a primo selection of healthy corals and fish.

http://www.reefwisesales.com/

It's about an hour+ drive for me which makes it tough to justify for just poking around and grabbing a frag or two. So, I figured why not make a little meet-and-greet event out of it?!

I know there are several fellow Nano-Reefers here that live in the Chicagoland region. Though, even if you're located in Wisconsin or Indiana it might be worth the trip.

It'd be great to put some faces to names and talk latin with a few people who understand what the words Acropora and Acanthastrea mean. If you feel like bringing some corals to trade or give away, it'll just sweeten the deal, though certianly not necessary.

I have enough Red Hot Satosa to make about six frags to give away to fellow Nano-Reefers that want to meet up. Though, I might be able to squeeze another couple out of the mother if more people sign up.

Reefwise, Saturday, October 18th at 1pm.

The following members are coming!

• Mr. Microscope
  • BigRed10 (maybe)

I'M TOTALLY IN!! My mom lives just down the street, so I can kill two birds with one stone and pay her a visit. :P

Mr. Microscope

Sorry I meant to say next year

Probably not unless I become an invited speaker. Don't think I can afford the trip.

MACNA was earlier in the month. Next year in DC

You coming Steve? It's less than a 2 hour drive from good ol' Meno Falls. I think your Nuvo needs a new coral. ;)

Is Piggly Wiggly still there BTW?

I was there last weekend. They're low on fish, since they are still renovating, but their coral tanks all looked filled up.

I would think in another two weeks, they would have more done with the fish tanks!!

I'M TOTALLY IN!! My mom lives just down the street, so I can kill two birds with one stone and pay her a visit. :P

Awesome! Thanks for the inside scoop on RW. Kimber, do they have a parking lot? See you there!

I went there last weds and yea all the coral tanks were full, he's renovationing to a new awesome qt system but the builder is a month behind. He was hoping to be done in two weeks.

Awesome! Thanks for the inside scoop on RW. Kimber, do they have a parking lot? See you there!

Yes, there's a parking lot with plenty of room!

Would love to go but of all weekends, my wife and me will be out of town (mini vacation), up in Galena.

Let me know if something like this goes on again!

WTH I'm in :)

I've been itching to go to CHicago, maybe hit up the Shedd and field museum again :) I just need to find someone to drag with me.

I've been itching to go to CHicago, maybe hit up the Shedd and field museum again :) I just need to find someone to drag with me.

Field Museum Free day (but for IL residents :( ) is 10/19

Mr. Microscope

Would love to go but of all weekends, my wife and me will be out of town (mini vacation), up in Galena.

Let me know if something like this goes on again!

Absolutely! Thanks for replying to the thread. I'll use it to form the next event.

Fantastic! I'll add you to the list. Please let me know if the person you bring with you is another reefer. I'll get a frag ready for them as well.

Son-of-a....I might be there...right now I'm tentatively booked at 1pm that day, but if it falls through I'll be there! I love this place and I've bought all my corals there so far. Folks are super friendly and knowledgeable and they have awesome corals. Agreed, I was there about 2 weeks ago and their fish stock is low, but he said that they'd be getting the new tanks set up soon. But their corals are awesome and are always well stocked!

Bryan

Son-of-a....I might be there...right now I'm tentatively booked at 1pm that day, but if it falls through I'll be there! I love this place and I've bought all my corals there so far. Folks are super friendly and knowledgeable and they have awesome corals. Agreed, I was there about 2 weeks ago and their fish stock is low, but he said that they'd be getting the new tanks set up soon. But their corals are awesome and are always well stocked!

Bryan

Just cancel... you know you wanna...

Archived