Top Shelf Aquatics

I like to ______ when I do maintenance. :)

Angel<3Nanos

Angel<3Nanos

I like to put on a reef-related shirt on with some shorts, bump some music, open the windows and grab a cold glass of water (or beer) when I do maintenance.

What do you like to do?

:happydance:

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like to let my OCD run wild when I do tank maintenance - cleaning tools (dental tools/razor blades/sponges/basters/brushes etc.etc.) all lined up a certain way - stack of clean towels - 2 sets of gloves - notebook with special pen - silence in the room.....

Listen to my smut audiobooks ;) I'm weird.
LolI have to vacuum ALL the detritus off the barebottom with airline tube...

Luckily it is only a pico

Angel<3Nanos

I like to let my OCD run wild when I do tank maintenance - cleaning tools (dental tools/razor blades/sponges/basters/brushes etc.etc.) all lined up a certain way - stack of clean towels - 2 sets of gloves - notebook with special pen - silence in the room.....

Feeling quite the scientist eh? :) nice!

I like to get it over and done with.

My corals get pissy, my fish hide, and things get a little cloudy.

I like the day after better, when everything looks clean and happy!

Drink, listen to music, wear gloves.

Feeling quite the scientist eh? :) nice!

Pffft, you've never seen us work then... I'll upload a picture of our lab space later :D

Edit: Here is my lab bench. This is actually considered clean... lol

20141001_100432.jpg

You sound like my friend but I am not telling him about your dental tools.

I like to clog the toilet when I do maintenance.

I try to flush things down the toilet that won't go down when I do tank maintenance.. I've (seriously) had to snake the turlet twice after tank maintenance :lol:

once was a big wad of filter floss, the other was a big wad of macroalgae.. I forget they're in the water change bucket when I dump it..

on the plus side, I'm getting pretty good at running a drain snake :happy:

i usually put on some music, either symphony or heavy metal,

That is quite the diversity of music choice. I like your style.

Receive oral sex

This I have never tried, during tank maintenance that is. I might just have to add it to my list of things to try....lol.

I like to clog the toilet when I do maintenance.

I try to flush things down the toilet that won't go down when I do tank maintenance.. I've (seriously) had to snake the turlet twice after tank maintenance :lol:

once was a big wad of filter floss, the other was a big wad of macroalgae.. I forget they're in the water change bucket when I dump it..

on the plus side, I'm getting pretty good at running a drain snake :happy:

GHill this literally made me LOL.

As for me, I like to just focus on my tank. With how busy my life is lately, tank maintenance time is usually my one time to really inspect and enjoy my tank. Other than that, I rarely can find time to really look close at everything, at least not as close as I would like.

Accidentally spill saltwater on my hardwood floors every time I do maintenance.

My answer as well - and then say a lot of god d*mnits. Even putting down towels all over the place... doesn't seem to matter.

As for me, I like to just focus on my tank. With how busy my life is lately, tank maintenance time is usually my one time to really inspect and enjoy my tank. Other than that, I rarely can find time to really look close at everything, at least not as close as I would like.

I'm actually kind of looking forward to tank cleaning time later today because of how busy I have been. Have a media basket to add, and some xenia to try gluing down.

I dunno why I never thought to put on some music...

I get something to drink, get out my fish towels and put on Netflix. Usually I'm watching some sort of crime drama. Makes me happy

Do you watch Criminal Minds? Good crime show - would recommend if not!

Do you watch Criminal Minds? Good crime show - would recommend if not!

Last few water changes have been watching Criminal minds. It's my second time watching through the whole series. I love it!

nanolutionary

This I have never tried, during tank maintenance that is. I might just have to add it to my list of things to try....lol.

You really must try it!

That must be difficult for you

Well my setup is great because I designed it for easy access - it just seemed more important to enjoy maintenance than have a sump!

http://s41.photobucket.com/user/tlagden/media/EAA76116-78D0-4E62-9DAE-23333BE1DD71.jpg.html'>EAA76116-78D0-4E62-9DAE-23333BE1DD71.jpg

Joke- I only realised how great my setup was for this inadvertently.

Well then....

I'll say!

Archived