Innovative Marine Aquariums

Innovative Marine 20G Nuvo Fusion - anyone have one?

DaveDe

Doing my due diligence on this tank before I decide. It looks like a pretty recent add to the IM Nuvo line so there's not alot of reviews out there. A couple posts on the forums but not much. Any feedback on these questions or anything you think I should know?

Stock lighting looks like it's only good for softies and other lower light corals. Thought about an upgrade to the Maxspect Razors but some sticker shock at $430 or so. Will probably end up there though.

Seems like a no-brainer not to buy the kit and just get the tank and go from there. Esp. if I'm not going to use the stock lighting. I'm still pretty new but I would imagine building from scratch can be done easily enough with all the info out there.

Lid. Just mesh? Many of the tanks in the Nuvo line have glass tops - wish this one did too. Doesn't look like an option to buy is there either. More evaporation might be a pain.

I'm sure there's more to ponder. Looks like their Nuvo 24 and to a lesser degree the 16 had cracking/leaking problems. With the 20G Fusion being a recent add I worry.

Still have plenty of time to research - this will probably be a Chrismas present.

I'd like to build the stand too so - looks like alot of good youtube, etc. sites that show everything needed to build. If anyone has the stand that goes with this how does it hold up/look?

Doing my due diligence on this tank before I decide. It looks like a pretty recent add to the IM Nuvo line so there's not alot of reviews out there. A couple posts on the forums but not much. Any feedback on these questions or anything you think I should know?

Stock lighting looks like it's only good for softies and other lower light corals. Thought about an upgrade to the Maxspect Razors but some sticker shock at $430 or so. Will probably end up there though.

Seems like a no-brainer not to buy the kit and just get the tank and go from there. Esp. if I'm not going to use the stock lighting. I'm still pretty new but I would imagine building from scratch can be done easily enough with all the info out there.

Lid. Just mesh? Many of the tanks in the Nuvo line have glass tops - wish this one did too. Doesn't look like an option to buy is there either. More evaporation might be a pain.

I'm sure there's more to ponder. Looks like their Nuvo 24 and to a lesser degree the 16 had cracking/leaking problems. With the 20G Fusion being a recent add I worry.

Still have plenty of time to research - this will probably be a Chrismas present.

I'd like to build the stand too so - looks like alot of good youtube, etc. sites that show everything needed to build. If anyone has the stand that goes with this how does it hold up/look?

I have the fusion 20. My build is in my sig. I prefer screen tops compared to glass tops, cleaning salt creep off of glass constantly is a pain I don't want to deal with.

I went with the Radion XR15 Pro. I don't like how Razors aren't full spectrum (correct me if I'm wrong). My only complain would be the flow, you will need to upgrade to an MP10 or Jebao. I upgraded to anMJ1200 with a spinn stream and it's just not enough.

Your light upgrade - looks like the coverage is 24X24". That's cutting it close - they're working fine though?

The light comes in on Thursday. The tank is only 24" long, I may have some small shadows on the edge, but for the most part I'm sure it will be lit completely. For me, a very small shadow on the edge of the tank is worth the full spectrum and control ability. I have a really shallow rock work, so I doubt the tank will have issues with shadows.

I have my wife taking a pic of the front now, when she sends it I'll post it up.

PXBAFtJ.jpg

As you can see, I have a minimalist rock work, so shadows probably won't be an issue for me. The light will be 8 inches above the tank, so I think I should be fine!

Yay and like you I probably won't be getting the stand they sell for it. Looking at a few options but might build something. Not rocket science.

Yay and like you I probably won't be getting the stand they sell for it. Looking at a few options but might build something. Not rocket science.

Yeah for sure. I'm using a walmart bought shelf thing. I was worried about the weight, but I got on top of it (I weight 225lbs) and bounced and wiggled a lot. I heard no sounds, it didn't bow in the middle or anything so I'm not very concerned at this time. The weight is distributed across the top of the shelf while I sat in the middle and bounced, so it should be fine! Overall I love the tank, the quality is awesome! My plans are: get the Desktop Reactor, Upgrade my heater, get a MP-10/Jebao, and the other caddy and spin stream.

The "standing on top of the furniture test" seems to be par for the course. Gotta test it somehow. Looking forward to seeing how it goes - keep us posted.

The "standing on top of the furniture test" seems to be par for the course. Gotta test it somehow. Looking forward to seeing how it goes - keep us posted.

Absolutely, once the light comes in I will be updating my thread a lot, with tons of pictures to follow. If you ever have any questions in regards to the tank please don't hesitate to either PM me or ask in my thread! Good luck with your choice!

Didn't know the fusion 20 had stock lighting? If you look under the all-in-one forum, people are starting to post these more and more. There's even a Innovative Marine sticky that has a bunch of tanks listed.

• 5 months later...

Archived