ReefCleaners.org

Katropora Owners Thread

metrokat

Fragged a piece off the Kat today that was trying really hard to reach out and touch one of my rainbows. I think I may take off another branch to direct growth in a different direction. Once the frag(s) are encrusting the plugs well I'll have a couple pieces to trade.

• Like 2

Any tips?

471F6CEC-73CF-4A94-A18B-92C3F08013BB_zps

PO4 a little high or nitrates too low IMO, otherwise looks very healthy. ... well, unless some of those dots are bugs. I say most likely nutrients.

HarryPotter

PO4 a little high or nitrates too low IMO, otherwise looks very healthy. ... well, unless some of those dots are bugs. I say most likely nutrients.

Dots are just polyps when I look using my macro lens. I haven't tested those in a month or two so will try that tomorrow and see. Other acros have been really happy with both color and growth, just this one stays brown

• Like 1

Dots are just polyps when I look using my macro lens. I haven't tested those in a month or two so will try that tomorrow and see. Other acros have been really happy with both color and growth, just this one stays brown

Yep, it will do that. Loves high nitrates, at least for me.

I stare at this picture and drool I just can't get enough to this :wub::wub::wub:

28486853962_899c611284.jpg

I think that was my favorite photo of that trip by far, even if that was 2 years ago. :blink:

• Like 2

Here is ours after 6 months. Has not grown up much yet, but has encrusted well. Should start shooting out soon. Color is good. Camera isn't capturing the purple. Also for some reason the pics came out blurry during upload!

IMG_4754.jpg
IMG_4755.jpg
IMG_4756.jpg
  • Like 1

My original Katropora is growing like mad from the base now as the top has almost recovered and starting to grow.

vnAYgWv.jpg

atl7bQl.jpg

I think it needs a little more light to get the deep purple back.

• Like 6
  • 1 month later...

I didn't grab a test kit until after I did the huge 25g waterchange, small small sand stir and re-scape.

After that the po4 was between 0.00 and 0.03ppm

I received a round of tests last week and the po4 measured at 0. But that's probably not entirely accurate with all the algae covering the glass and such.

slowly returning to glory.

august 26, 2016

kat 8/20 by Roger Klein, on Flickr

september 18

FSH_1683 by Roger Klein, on Flickr

not the best picture from today, but it's tough teaching someone how to do macro over the phone

Glad to see yours is coming back, at least it appears most of the colony survived. I had just about every tip die so it's created a new base to grow out on while still repairing the damage above.

jMmLxrY.jpg

DKojwPH.jpg

• Like 3

And you have SPS.....

Also true. xD Right now it's spongodes, monti cap, cyph (doesn't count), mind trick, blue haze, pavona... Should probably grow them out more first :P

Also true. xD Right now it's spongodes, monti cap, cyph (doesn't count), mind trick, blue haze, pavona... Should probably grow them out more first :P

You're right! Spongodes is looking good. The monti cap was that grafted one right? Cyphastrea is LPS. What is a blue haze?