ReefCleaners.org

Katropora Owners Thread

metrokat

Dang, recently? Do you know the source? Do you have a Wrasse?

it will come back, just hope that high level phosphate you had won't cause leeching from rocks and sand. How did it get that high anyway?

I have an idea since all the bite marks I found was on their frags and after dipping, most everything that fell off came off their frags. Nothing else in my tank had bite marks but those frags(3 total), but I am dipping everything and qt'ing everything till I'm clean again

• Like 1

Guys, my katropora colony is gone :( I'm getting ready to move, so I sold it. But I linked the new owner to this thread when he was asking me questions about it. and he was really stoked to have it. It's going into a 250 so hopefully it'll grow into a show piece colony. He also bought my kittiyagi and my mandarin. So he took a pretty big piece of my heart with all those combined.

Official size measurements for the colony when I sold it was 5 inches x 4 inches x 3 1/2 inches. Not bad for a years worth of growth ;)

My heart feels a little empty though :( I will sure miss this hobby...

• Like 3

Not for a while. My husband and I agreed that we should wait for the kids to be older so I will have more time and they will be more interested. But I get to save some of the money from the sale of this tank to get two Absynnian kittens when we move. So its not all bad. And I have been promised my next tank will be no smaller than 150 :P

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...

Mine is still browned out... Aefw are losing the battle though. I had to really look hard to find any in the dip last night and none made it to the rinse bowl I could see

• Like 1

Mine is still browned out... Aefw are losing the battle though. I had to really look hard to find any in the dip last night and none made it to the rinse bowl I could see

Good for you Sprite. Just keep at it. Many folks tell me 40 days of daily dips does it. It's a problem that can be resolved, it just takes a lot of patience.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
HarryPotter

Coloration has gotten worse and worse! Still encrusting but the growth seems stunted somehow. Possibly too much light or too little nutrients?

IMG_0200_zpsplgdmvgj.jpg

Coloration has gotten worse and worse! Still encrusting but the growth seems stunted somehow. Possibly too much light or too little nutrients?

No polyp extension which tells me it's unhappy for some reason, even my turdish Kat has polyp extension. How is the flow there? Is that a slimer next to it?

This is mine coming back from multiple near death experiences. It's a survivor for sure!

aEFDUSL.jpg

• Like 2

Out of curiosity and laziness to look through the thread has this coral always been called katropora or is there another common name for it? Not trying to offend anyone just wondering....

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...