ReefCleaners.org

Katropora Owners Thread

metrokat

• 2 weeks later...

After a brief flirtation with browning out, mine's regaining color and maybe even some growth. The overgrowth on the base bleached out for some reason. But that's getting its color back too. Not sure what happened there, but it seems to be over, whatever it was.

cauQdps.jpg

After a brief period of browning, green and purple are coming back to the base and upper areas. Yay! Getting acclimated to 100% LEDs

Maybe it's also enjoying the crazy amount of coral feedings- I'm not sure.

Here's my first updated picture. It browned quite a bit during acclimation, I was concerned. Now it is gaining color again- the lower base and upper branches look great again.

Pardon the shitty iPhone picture :lol:

9EAEEE13-28CC-4AE0-BE04-6FF2DE55D2E4_zps

Edit:

Here it is a week later, 11/29/15. Getting lighter!

52D6DB24-509F-4D3D-9456-30F5B32D7EBD_zps

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

10 days worth of growth.. not too shabby. 3 months ago this was just an encrusted plug, no vertical growth, with a bare spot in the center where i busted off the original frag to mount in a different spot in the tank.

22816429185_1946ec2753_c.jpg

22398099077_c2ef107508_c.jpg

How we doin?

23299573342_c7258fd921_h.jpg

• Like 2

haven't tested phosphates in a while or ran GFO so they are probably high.. i'd guess upwards of .2 Nitrates are 5-10

They're probably contributing to dull colors. It was looking great in the same spot with the same lights, so what has changed are probably nutrients.