Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Katropora Owners Thread

metrokat

duncan-junkie

I'm pretty stoked.....I've been running a 6 bulb ATI fixture for about a month and a half now, and all my sps have exploded with color and growth. I'm sure the kat is gonna look sexy in my tank!!!

• Like 1

20150802_184058.jpg

The growth pattern on mine is different. Likely light dependent. Mine sprouts branches every few millimeters - bushy growth.

I remember back in the RSM also, people would ask for a 2-3 inch frag and none of the branches were that tall, at most I could get a 2 inch branch, anything bigger would have to be multi branch.

• Like 1

Mine is recovering some color now, after lowering tank temps to 77-79 from 79-81. It's not the best it's looked, skin can be greener and some polyps have lost the cool purple/blue color.

Tit7Vt.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm dosing Nitrates (CaNO3) to keep mine at 5 and let the biopellets keep them there and reduce PO4 at the same time. The Katropora loves higher Nitrates.

August 5th, low nitrates

Tit7Vt.jpg

August 19th, Nitrates = 4

0OJRWc.jpg

It's also growing a bit faster than i thought it was.

• Like 6

I'm pretty stoked.....I've been running a 6 bulb ATI fixture for about a month and a half now, and all my sps have exploded with color and growth. I'm sure the kat is gonna look sexy in my tank!!!

What lights were you running?

What number am I?

• Like 1