ReefCleaners.org

Katropora Owners Thread

metrokat

Is the list posted somewhere? I'm assuming the list in the OP is not up to date.

The list is not posted anywhere. We are 30+. Some people show get shipped in the next few weeks from Illinois. I'm working on 2 more people to frag their colonies.

• Like 2

The list is not posted anywhere. We are 30+. Some people show get shipped in the next few weeks from Illinois. I'm working on 2 more people to frag their colonies.

Hmmmm I dunno miss kat I'd want the OG momma colony. ;p

• Like 1

Ok. Just curious as to where I might fall on that list.
Mr. Microscope

god damn mark that green is intense. The green on my kats so dull.

Really Arce? The green is very brilliant on frags that recovered

Mine is like yellowy-limey green! It's intense.
  • Like 1

Here are my 2 colonies. The larger one is on the back wall and a dark green

IMG_1942.JPG

The colony glued down is a mint green with purple polyps. Yes both are the Kat. Both were in different lights and one went through a series of dips.

IMG_1943.JPG

• Like 8

What about me? Put myself on the list. What's time frame?

You're #30, we should have prolly the first 10 cleared up in the next few weeks.

I talk to the Kat colonies everyday believe me. I'm asking them to get moving and grow. GROW FOREST GROW! :P

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Katropora update! **Spoiler - I will not be part of the distributor's network anytime soon. ;)

November - brand new frag...

15557686247_d4692c7c13_c.jpg

Late November - crashed my tank and the Kat turned brown. :blush:

16064525565_a045187e60_c.jpg

February - the Kat survived my tank's mini-crash, starting encrusting and turned bright green!

16458507481_80195ff5e6_c.jpg

Today - I'm still waiting for it to grow up and out, but the Kat wants to encrust… It's pretty lumpy too where it is encrusting onto the rock so maybe it's going to grow out from some new spot and not from the original frag. And it's still neon green.

19441852346_65d65d5f5d_c.jpg

19467909875_fb9260b93b_c.jpg

• Like 4

Hi Kat, will you please put me on the list? I've been an admiring lurker forever, but it's time to come out of the shadows :)

By the time I get one, my tank should be well over a year old anyway :D

Nanofreak79

Katropora update! **Spoiler - I will not be part of the distributor's network anytime soon. ;)

November - brand new frag...

15557686247_d4692c7c13_c.jpg

Late November - crashed my tank and the Kat turned brown. :blush:

16064525565_a045187e60_c.jpg

February - the Kat survived my tank's mini-crash, starting encrusting and turned bright green!

16458507481_80195ff5e6_c.jpg

Today - I'm still waiting for it to grow up and out, but the Kat wants to encrust… It's pretty lumpy too where it is encrusting onto the rock so maybe it's going to grow out from some new spot and not from the original frag. And it's still neon green.

19441852346_65d65d5f5d_c.jpg

19467909875_fb9260b93b_c.jpg

Nice save! Always great to go from lowly to brown and back to life, very colorful at that. Still playing the waiting game for mine.....I wonder if Kat feels guilty about it?

Hi Kat, will you please put me on the list? I've been an admiring lurker forever, but it's time to come out of the shadows :)

By the time I get one, my tank should be well over a year old anyway :D

There was a link or whatever through her thread to add yourself to the list!
  • Like 1