Innovative Marine Aquariums

Katropora Owners Thread

metrokat

Sorry for the dirty glass, just took this cell phone picture of the mini colony your frag came from. There are only LEDs on in this picture, no T5s.

20150505_173335.jpg

And the same piece directly under Blue+ tubes. (you can see the branch that became your frag :) )

20150303_152827.jpg

Yes lighting plays a huge part in the visual colors

• Like 3

rGx1SO.jpg

I think the radical flow in my tank might be keeping my acros more compact. Not sure if I'm going to change it or not.

• Like 2

I think the radical flow in my tank might be keeping my acros more compact. Not sure if I'm going to change it or not.

I wouldn't!

• Like 3

Katropora waitlist is now 24 long. :blush:

It's a personal preference, also compact corals have a chance to get detritus trapped in the middle and eventually not have any flow causing die off. It's natural but I don't have to like it. It was the same in my RSM - they grew bushy and compact instead of gangly. My new tank with the gyre flow has more of a chance to grow gangly corals. But now the colonies are the tabling kind and the branching corals are still baby frags.

beating-head-against-the-wall.gif

• Like 1
kimberbee

I voluntarily bump myself to the bottom of the list. I need my current SPS's to be happy before I can get a frag of this beauty!

• Like 1

No I recognized it as his picture, but who are these guys. I sent them a message. I'm curious. And If the coral is going to be famous then it should have more pictures and more info,

• Like 1

No I recognized it as his picture, but who are these guys. I sent them a message. I'm curious. And If the coral is going to be famous then it should have more pictures and more info,

If Klein posted the picture to the site that's one thing, but to put their logo on the photo, even if credited outside the photo, is complete BS.

• Like 3
jedimasterben

If Klein posted the picture to the site that's one thing, but to put their logo on the photo, even if credited outside the photo, is complete BS.

+1

I'd be DMCA'ing their asses.

That's for Roger to decide, it's his picture. I'm just saying if it's going to be famous then the page should have some more pictures and info.

Is this Rogers website? I just clicked on 3 random acros and hes the photographer for all of them? LOL!

jedimasterben

That's for Roger to decide, it's his picture. I'm just saying if it's going to be famous then the page should have some more pictures and info.

That site doesn't seem to be about having a lot of info or anything, just another 'ID' site.

Is this Rogers website? I just clicked on 3 random acros and hes the photographer for all of them? LOL!

no, there are other people, and albert is the most frequent poster.

I think it's a new site so they don't have too much traffic, so just a few people submitted photos.

That site doesn't seem to be about having a lot of info or anything, just another 'ID' site.

ah, okay. Yay, famous!! :)

• Like 1
TheKleinReef

A member here (The Salt) asked if he could use my pictures for his ID website. I guess I thought he'd keep my watermark on it, unless the original didn't have my watermark on it. I can't remember it was around Christmas time that he asked for permission to use it, but he did ask.

• Like 1

A member here (The Salt) asked if he could use my pictures for his ID website. I guess I thought he'd keep my watermark on it, unless the original didn't have my watermark on it. I can't remember it was around Christmas time that he asked for permission to use it, but he did ask.

Cool

+1 Educate the people on Katropora habitats.