Pod Your Reef

Katropora Owners Thread

metrokat

That one is a beauty. got it for $10 a long time ago. it's been a veryyyyyy slow grower for me.

Damn thats a steal even if it tiny IMO. Definitely a beautiful piece, deepwaters have long been a favorite of mine. I'm torn between thinking A. caroliniana or A. suharsonoi...

TheKleinReef

Damn thats a steal even if it tiny IMO. Definitely a beautiful piece, deepwaters have long been a favorite of mine. I'm torn between thinking A. caroliniana or A. suharsonoi...

I have a suharsonoi. but they're both pretty corals.

• Like 1

Well, call me Mr. Impatient. Decided to go a different way.

So I am asking my name be removed from the list. At least y'all get to move up 1 slot!!

• 2 weeks later...

This is the dfs raspberry limeade that I received today.. Might be a Lil stressed from shipping, is kinda pale around the base is laying down

post-6710-0-87378600-1427241207_thumb.jpg

Yeah. In coloration it's close but I think that's the shortcake family. Hard to tell though.

Macro shot. Still improving.

h6SlWt.jpg

HbS9VF.jpg

Looks so good Mark!! My pieces and colony are very green now, can't wait for the purple to come back

• Like 3
CronicReefer

That one is a beauty. got it for $10 a long time ago. it's been a veryyyyyy slow grower for me.

16040365496_85703de605_b.jpg12_20_14-4 by xMrKleinReef, on Flickr

That's a superb deepwater acro, and I can't believe you only paid $10! My deepwater too has been a super slow grower but it cost me $65 and is the most expensive SPS I ever bought. I believe I have a Mr. Pacman but others have said it may be a CC Needle in a Haystack (they look identical to me).

TheKleinReef

That's a superb deepwater acro, and I can't believe you only paid $10! My deepwater too has been a super slow grower but it cost me $65 and is the most expensive SPS I ever bought. I believe I have a Mr. Pacman but others have said it may be a CC Needle in a Haystack (they look identical to me).

I think the LFS had no idea what it could be so they were just trying to make way for something else. here's the first pic i took of it:

7F55BC14-1DD9-4028-A9A6-E27D56E2E440-141

then it turned into this:

1A2AF454-92DC-45D5-95E8-AA836AA403D9-172

now the green is more dominant. but i've had that coral for probably 2.5 years.

• Like 2
CronicReefer

I think the LFS had no idea what it could be so they were just trying to make way for something else. here's the first pic i took of it:

7F55BC14-1DD9-4028-A9A6-E27D56E2E440-141

then it turned into this:

1A2AF454-92DC-45D5-95E8-AA836AA403D9-172

now the green is more dominant. but i've had that coral for probably 2.5 years.

Mine actually looks a lot like the second picture you have under actinics but the green tips have faded slightly as they are growing outwards. Mine is purple under daylights though. I'd say mine has probably grown just a few mm on each branch since I got it 3-4 months ago. Kinda crazy how it has tansformed color so much.

Nice.. Care to share your lighting and parameters.. My frag from dd browned out lie and I'm stay moving it back up now

Hybrid light - NanoBox ATI retrofit - 4 T5 bulbs, 6 LED full spectrum arrays.

I run alk ~8 (trying to raise it a bit), calcium is ~420

Nitrate and phosphate is in the high range. Going to test them today actually.

Post a picture of your DD frag