ReefCleaners.org

Fungia not inflating!

thor0469

Hello Nano-Reef!

This is my first post here. I've started a nano-reef for about 4 months ago, and recently added my first coral, a fungia plate coral. I've had it for 6 days. My parameters are pretty decent. My own salinometer broke 2 weeks ago and i had to borrow one from a friend, i did a 20% water change, (more than i usaully do). My salinity is 1.024, and i noticed that it had swinged to 1.030, and that have never happended before to me... Well i got the salinity back to 1.024 within 2 hours, i had to make some RO/DI-water first. My fungia was looking healthy and inflated the first 3 days, and on the 3rd day, that accident happended, and since then it has not inflated. Will it survive? Could it recover? I'm running af tunze marine Led over my nano, it should hit the fungia with a PAR of 100-150, which it seemed okay before the accident.

Hello Nano-Reef! This is my first post here. I've started a nano-reef for about 4 months ago, and recently added my first coral, a fungia plate coral. I've had it for 6 days. My parameters are pretty decent. My own salinometer broke 2 weeks ago and i had to borrow one from a friend, i did a 20% water change, (more than i usaully do). My salinity is 1.024, and i noticed that it had swinged to 1.030, and that have never happended before to me... Well i got the salinity back to 1.024 within 2 hours, i had to make some RO/DI-water first. My fungia was looking healthy and inflated the first 3 days, and on the 3rd day, that accident happended, and since then it has not inflated. Will it survive? Could it recover? I'm running af tunze marine Led over my nano, it should hit the fungia with a PAR of 100-150, which it seemed okay before the accident.
You changed the salinity too fast, it may recover but it will take time.

I hope it survives and give us some pictures to help

i don't think my fungia has ever inflated

tbh. and i'm not sure if it's eating either. but

it seems healthy?

hope yours continues to improve!

• 2 weeks later...
post-85893-0-18301800-1412952372_thumb.jpg

It has fully recovered now! Its 3 times bigger than it was at the lfs now, but i jsut got a little sting from my frogspawn, but it has nearly recovered from that too.

Archived