inTank Media Baskets

What to do with PowerPWM

Jerry w.

I got a PWM along with my BlueFish controller. I have the BFish running my 3 Kessils with no problems. When I ordered the BFish and PWM I didn't know that the PWM would take one of the Bfish ports and that having sunrise/sunset would require all 3 nodes. Enough on my ignorance. So, I have this PWM just sitting here and I also have two Ecoxotic Pro's that I can use. What would you suggest I do with the PWM and Ecoxotics? I think I will have to lose the sunrise/sunset, which I don't want to do but if there is a close alternative to that, I'm listening.

Thanks for your time reading this.

Jerry

SpencerShepard

You could get creative with the wiring, and free up a couple channels to use the PowerPWM with your Panoramas. For example, if you used a single channel for Kessil color, you would gain 2 channels. You would still have the separate intensity channels for the Kessils, to take advantage of the pendant offset sun movement feature.

You could get creative with the wiring, and free up a couple channels to use the PowerPWM with your Panoramas. For example, if you used a single channel for Kessil color, you would gain 2 channels. You would still have the separate intensity channels for the Kessils, to take advantage of the pendant offset sun movement feature.

Please be specific. If I know what to do with each wire, I can do that. Useing a single channel for Kessil color, how does that make two channels available? Stuff like that is something I can get once I see or read about it.

SpencerShepard

Right now, your Bluefish is using 3 channels to control the color of your Kessils independently. There's not a lot of value in that (in my opinion), so you could rewire them to use the same channel for color. In order to do this, you need to cut and strip your control cables and make some new connections. You will also need another control cable to connect the PowerPWM board. I can make a cable for you to do this, or I can make a drawing for you of how to make the connections. Send me a PM or email if you want me to make the cable for you.

SpencerShepard

Jerry had me make the cable for him. This is what it looks like, for anyone who may need the same.

IMG_0398.jpg

The 3 plugs go to the Kessil A360s, and the two sockets on the other end of the cable accept the control cables from the Bluefish. All three Kessils then share the same channel for color.

Nice work. Glad I had you make it. Now, the two ecoxotic Pro 2's will plug in to what port(s) and how do I configure all this. I really do know but just for the uninitiated, please explain. No, really I have no idea how to do this.

Jerry

SpencerShepard

Step 1. Insert each plug from supplied cable into each of the 3 Kessil A360s

Step 2. Take Ch 1/2 and Ch 3/4 control cables from bluefish and insert into jacks on supplied cable

Step 3. Take Ch 5/6 control cable from Bluefish and insert into jack on PowerPWM (see this diagram for LED connection)

Step 4. Use Bluefish app to change channel setup to the following:

Channel # / Channel Name / PWM / Minimum Dimming / Pendant Offset

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

1 / "Kessil 1 Brightness" / OFF / 13% / 0 mins

2 / "Kessil 2 Brightness" / OFF / 13% / 30 mins

3 / "Kessil 3 Brightness" / OFF / 13% / 60 mins

4 / "Kessil Color" / OFF / 13% / 0 mins

5 / "Moonlight" / ON / 0% / 0 mins

6 / "Lightning" / ON / 0% / 0 mins

Step 5. Enjoy

Archived