Pod Your Reef

NGaHB's 34 gallon... major rescape and a nem split

NorthGaHillbilly

NorthGaHillbilly

Ahhh yeahhhh you'll love the rimless and the extra space. When you picking it up?

Yea, after having this deep blue, Itd take alot for me to get a non-rimless. 30% more floorspace = 30% more meat

Saturday mornin is the scheduled pick up

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NorthGaHillbilly

this tank is going to work out really well, I built my stand to hold a 3×2 tank, so it'll have a 1" reveal on the front and sides. Slapping my current overflow on it, and just redoing alittle of the plumbing as it'll sit farther back.

Going with starboard on this one, and probably changing my scape to one large island with a huge overhang, and a smaller one farther back on the left.

this tank is going to work out really well, I built my stand to hold a 3×2 tank, so it'll have a 1" reveal on the front and sides. Slapping my current overflow on it, and just redoing alittle of the plumbing as it'll sit farther back.

Going with starboard on this one, and probably changing my scape to one large island with a huge overhang, and a smaller one farther back on the left.

Congrats on the new tank man! Can't wait to see it set up..

NorthGaHillbilly

Congrats on the new tank man! Can't wait to see it set up..

Thank man, goin to pick it up at 8 in the mornin :blink: but i figgure it aught to be worth it

Awesome! How many gallons is that? 50?

Thanks Gena! yea, right at 48 I think, Ive actually got to make a new top for my stand, I thought I had made it 24 front to back, but I made it 22.5 :angry: But itll be a few weeks before I get it all set up. Im debating on building a new overflow so I can sell the current tank with the overflow thats on it... decisions decisions.

NorthGaHillbilly

Ahhh shit...

16743451792_9bbd033ae3_c.jpg

16556971688_5dc672185b_c.jpg

I showed up, and the edges are really nicely polished, and even better... It IS low iron glass B) Still had the stickers from where the guy ordered the glass.

For Mark I got a new stick Ill get some pictures of before the end of the day

NorthGaHillbilly

damm insane tank

Yea, the ol Deep Blue is GREAT for the price, but this tank is going to be the bees knees, I like the little bit of extra height too

Ahhh shit...

16743451792_9bbd033ae3_c.jpg

16556971688_5dc672185b_c.jpg

I showed up, and the edges are really nicely polished, and even better... It IS low iron glass B) Still had the stickers from where the guy ordered the glass.

For Mark I got a new stick Ill get some pictures of before the end of the day

Ahhh #### yeah for the tank. Stick mehhhhh :)
Steensj2004

Sweet tank! Gonna be boss!

FYI Raised that overflow, apparently not enough....still trickles. Ima end up ordering a custom made too at some point, better overflow. Maybe a few extra inches of height.

If feels huge huh? What she said :)

FYI Raised that overflow, apparently not enough....still trickles. Ima end up ordering a custom made too at some point, better overflow. Maybe a few extra inches of height.

DB is a awesome tank but you will upgrade soon to a custom. I owned 4 DB tanks before I went custom.
CronicReefer

So jealous of those chalices you got, some really nice looking pieces dude. Good luck with the upgrade as well, I'm saving up for mine.

Steensj2004

If feels huge huh? What she said :)

DB is a awesome tank but you will upgrade soon to a custom. I owned 4 DB tanks before I went custom.

Crap design on the overflow in the DB 34 shallow IMHO.

Crap design on the overflow in the DB 34 shallow IMHO.

TBH as Plain said it's a great overflow and works great at low flow. I used a Sicce 2.0 and mine was super quiet. Only thing I hated is how big it was.
Steensj2004

TBH as Plain said it's a great overflow and works great at low flow. I used a Sicce 2.0 and mine was super quiet. Only thing I hated is how big it was.

Im running about the same flow as you with my 3.0, since I have it branched off to feed the refugium....

An I was referring to the adjustable gate on overflow. Great Idea, but where my tickle comes from. Water runs off the knobs and makes noise, its driving me mad, lol

Im running about the same flow as you with my 3.0, since I have it branched off to feed the refugium.... I dunno

What problem are you having? If it's noise you have to raise the durso but make sure the water still drops into the overflow. All you need is about 1/8 drop into the overflow. Or you can raise it as high as you want but will have surface oil if you do.

If you are having dropping noise in the sump this will eliminate the noise.

2E52B911.jpg

8A7C77E7.jpg

Steensj2004

What problem are you having? If it's noise you have to raise the durso but make sure the water still drops into the overflow. All you need is about 1/8 drop into the overflow. Or you can raise it as high as you want but will have surface oil if you do.

If you are having dropping noise in the sump this will eliminate the noise.

2E52B911.jpg

8A7C77E7.jpg

No noise issue in the sump. IT makes a little noise, but with the doors closed not audible. The water overflows from the display, and then runs down to the little knobs for the adjustable gate. then trickles down like someone peeing in a steam to the residual water below. I cannot make it stop.

No noise issue in the sump. IT makes a little noise, but with the doors closed not audible. The water overflows from the display, and then runs down to the little knobs for the adjustable gate. then trickles down like someone peeing in a steam to the residual water below. I cannot make it stop.

Raise the durso more. Then insert the durso into the bulkhead and step back and look at the height. It took me a few hours trimming the PVC stand pipe to get it perfect. But I know it can be done.

Starboard :wub:

ahhh shit... local guy posted up a 34"x23"x14" rimless... I couldnt resist.

Nice

Just ordered 36.5x24.5x15 earlier this week myself

Now get to work on that new top for your stand so you can get the new tank up. Or just build a new stand. You can never have too many.

NorthGaHillbilly

Ahhh #### yeah for the tank. Stick mehhhhh :)

Shes a bute, I cleaned it up and ive got alittle more to do, but its really turning out to be a great deal.

Well damn, we took his all the way to where the water was barely dropping and it took care of the problem. Im happy to have a few more inches on this new one.

So jealous of those chalices you got, some really nice looking pieces dude. Good luck with the upgrade as well, I'm saving up for mine.

Thanks man, I appreciate it. Im hoping the tank swap wont be too much $, new screen top, a new 3/4" bulkhead and I aught to be in business.

Jealous

:D

Starboard :wub:

does yours have a slight texture to it, or is it completely smooth?

Now get to work on that new top for your stand so you can get the new tank up. Or just build a new stand. You can never have too many.

Ill be luck if I get the new top and screen top in a moths time, too damn busy.

Heres the new stick, pink lemonade if I remember correctly. CRAZY PE.

16745707532_60fba65a24_c.jpg

Archived