ReefCleaners.org

NGaHB's 34 gallon... major rescape and a nem split

NorthGaHillbilly

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you Pat, shits pretty rough, first Grandpa, now Grandmas gone, but you gatta roll with the punches. going to be a long road getting their house cleaned up and all. 50 years in one place leads to alot memories, and alot of shit.

It's that generation lol my grandad used to save soup cans sometimes to fix his exhaust on his modern car lol.

Greg, I am so sorry to hear about your loss. It must be rough being so near to the loss of your Grandfather, but sometimes things seem to happen like this. I hope they are both together in a better place now and you can find peace knowing this. I've personally have lost both of my grandmother's, so I know how it must feel. My best wishes go out to you and your family.

My Grandma Margaret Porter Mavity is up playing fiddle for the angles. She was born in São Paulo, Brazil on July 5, 1923. She was one of the strongest women I have ever know, not a strength that competes with others, but a strength that supports, and empowers those she loved. Her faith was a thing to behold, a faith that would convince the most ardent skeptic of the love she felt so powerfully.

I can usually come up with something eloquent to say, but I cant say how much it tears my heart apart to know shes gone. She is in a better place, but I cant help but cry like a baby for the fact that my grandma is gone.

So sorry Greg :(.

Awww Greg...so sorry. Your description reminds me a lot on my grandmother, and she had a major shaping influence on my life and who I am today.

You (we) were lucky to have someone like that. The REALLY don't make 'em like that anymore.

NorthGaHillbilly

Thank you everyone, it means more than I can tell yall, the community we have here is something special.

Here were my grandparents when they got married, at 25. They were together till 92. My Grandma was a world class violinist, studied with a student of Jascha Heifetz and was beyond wonderful, played up untill she was 90.

11700805_10204923281821331_2559106174968

Thank you everyone, it means more than I can tell yall, the community we have here is something special.

Here were my grandparents when they got married, at 25. They were together till 92. My Grandma was a world class violinist, studied with a student of Jascha Heifetz and was beyond wonderful, played up untill she was 90.

I love old pics of my grandparents! They always look classy. Nice picture man. :)

92 WOW now thats one hell of a life!
NorthGaHillbilly

92 WOW now thats one hell of a life!

thats for sure, she was born in Brazil, was there untill she was 18, through the civil war of 1930. Shed talk about the bombs exploding a block away like it was nothing :o

Beautiful pics Bro...

Working on a tank stand plan using the ideas you gave me and Sketchup. Will shoot you a note when I post it on the build thread. Going for red oak stained with Walnut...we have this combo on a lot of the work I am doing around the house.

Hope you and family are doing ok.

• 3 weeks later...

Heard from someone in contact with him on Lawn's thread. Obviously, been a lot going on for him, but apparently he is OK, none the worse for wear, and should hear from him soon.

Dying for him to check out the stand I made that he helped design!

NorthGaHillbilly

Im back in action guys, thank you all for the kind words and the worrying, sorry I wasnt here to assure you I was alive.

Tanks in a bad place, bad batch of salt, with a mag over 2000, really ####ed my LPS, but things are getting back on track. Ill get an updated, and much emptier, FTS before too long.

Im back in action guys, thank you all for the kind words and the worrying, sorry I wasnt here to assure you I was alive.

Tanks in a bad place, bad batch of salt, with a mag over 2000, really ####ed my LPS, but things are getting back on track. Ill get an updated, and much emptier, FTS before too long.

We got you bro!!!!
Steensj2004

Thought someone was going to have to drive to GA and see if you were still kicking! :lol:

Archived