SaltCritters.com

NGaHB's 34 gallon... major rescape and a nem split

NorthGaHillbilly

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im planning on going to the dealership in the next month and check out the fiesta and the focus, the fiesta would be pretty similar to my fit, which I really dig

FWIW, I picked up a '13 escape (same platform, and many similarities, slightly larger) a couple months ago.... 11k miles later I still really enjoy it. I have the smaller 1.6l w/ turbo, I've driven the 2.0 w/ turbo and IMO while less HP the 1.6 was more fun to drive as the turbo kicks in more noticeably..... I get good MPG, I can kick it down and bust out 95-100 no problem and still average 23 for the day which isn't bad considering I fly, and I am always having fun in the turbo so it could be alot better if I really cared to try lol Either way kills my tahoes 13 even when I try to baby it :lol:

NorthGaHillbilly

FWIW, I picked up a '13 escape (same platform, and many similarities, slightly larger) a couple months ago.... 11k miles later I still really enjoy it. I have the smaller 1.6l w/ turbo, I've driven the 2.0 w/ turbo and IMO while less HP the 1.6 was more fun to drive as the turbo kicks in more noticeably..... I get good MPG, I can kick it down and bust out 95-100 no problem and still average 23 for the day which isn't bad considering I fly, and I am always having fun in the turbo so it could be alot better if I really cared to try lol Either way kills my tahoes 13 even when I try to baby it :lol:

I appreciate the info, sounds like the fiesta is the one for me. I really like filling up every two weeks, but want alittle more ommph.

Did a 15g WC and things seem to have appreciated it, Im going to do another large change this week, and possibly look into adding something new to the tank before too long.

Crazy thing I JUST realized, not feeding much at all sure pissed off my coral, but ALL my hydroids are gone. I hadent realized it till just now, but there GONE :haha:

I appreciate the info, sounds like the fiesta is the one for me. I really like filling up every two weeks, but want alittle more ommph.

If it is the same 1.6l T in the fiesta st as the escape I imagine it will give you quite a bit of oomph.... The turbo offers up to 20psi of boost from what ive read so in a smaller/ lighter package you should really enjoy it lol

If it is the same 1.6l T in the fiesta st as the escape I imagine it will give you quite a bit of oomph.... The turbo offers up to 20psi of boost from what ive read so in a smaller/ lighter package you should really enjoy it lol

Yep my fiesta st is a blast to drive. Power band is so good around town and on hwy. Even more fun on track ;)

Did a 15g WC and things seem to have appreciated it, Im going to do another large change this week, and possibly look into adding something new to the tank before too long.

Crazy thing I JUST realized, not feeding much at all sure pissed off my coral, but ALL my hydroids are gone. I hadent realized it till just now, but there GONE :haha:

Im glad your hydroids are gone I had some that came on a frag from saltcritters they spread like wild fire but with a lot of hard work I got

rid of mine I was so happy as well.

Im glad your hydroids are gone I had some that came on a frag from saltcritters they spread like wild fire but with a lot of hard work I got

rid of mine I was so happy as well.

Salt critters is notorious for them bastards. I got scars still from getting stung by hydroids on my arm.

Salt critters is notorious for them bastards. I got scars still from getting stung by hydroids on my arm.

SCARS!!! omgomgomg I guess crap doesn't bother me like everyone else I worked in a fish store for 2 years touching all kinds of anemones,hydroids,zoas,plays and everything else.

The only thing that ever messed me up was the Black Urchin then the lion fish that hurt like he!! also a Foxface once.

HarryPotter

Never had an issue, and I compulsively handle my Zoas, anemones, LPS, SPS, CUC, etc. I guess I've never had anything particularly aggressive/spikey though!

Never had an issue, and I compulsively handle my Zoas, anemones, LPS, SPS, CUC, etc. I guess I've never had anything particularly aggressive/spikey though!

Gloves are for wimps.

I'm assuming were talking about digitate hydroids now. I got a scar from one of those bastards too.

NorthGaHillbilly

Lucky bastard. I have tons of them showing up. Hope they come and go :(

I have to eat crow on this one, I inspected the tank hard tonight, and I've got a few left, but their population has gone down dramatically.

Im hoping so, going to test drive one tomorrow :D

I'm assuming were talking about digitate hydroids now. I got a scar from one of those bastards too.

I've never gotten hurt by them, but Ill agree with the bastard part

Gloves are for wimps.

Amen Sister

SCARS!!! omgomgomg I guess crap doesn't bother me like everyone else I worked in a fish store for 2 years touching all kinds of anemones,hydroids,zoas,plays and everything else.

The only thing that ever messed me up was the Black Urchin then the lion fish that hurt like he!! also a Foxface once.

I got the great idea to #### around with an urchin during our honeymoon, hurt like hell and made me feel like shit for the rest of the day.

I was getting pretty stressed at work, so I just put everything aside after my guys left at 4 and did a little side project for myself. We are cleaning out the shop and had a decent pile of extra drawers from old jobs. I ended up taking 6 of them, along with some extra marine grade ply from a recent job, and built a tool chest for the man room downstairs, going to get something to line the drawers tomorrow and get it filled up

18062238840_fe47070d66_c.jpg

Planning on putting peg board on one side and a metal sheet on the other, both for storage

18249981175_478dc07ce2_c.jpg

I just couldnt see nice dovetail drawers go into the dumpster

17627352194_36731eca4a_c.jpg

NorthGaHillbilly

Took a couple of cell phone shots, realized I had the pic quality turned down before, so they turned out pretty good aside from the algae outbreak

Finally getting the green to come out

17848233834_f62e78c471_c.jpg

Lookin good, from Lawn

18283146510_0be0743fed_c.jpg

Red meat has bounced back

18284691439_4197d431d0_c.jpg

Rainbow Chalice is really starting to grow

17848193434_db32c51a82_c.jpg

Thought this came out pretty cool

17850163683_37b21ebd4a_c.jpg

NorthGaHillbilly

Man that chalice might be the smallest coral in your tank but damn it looks good!

LOL, thanks man, its really getting that orange to come out. btu if you look right above it, the convict chalice is a serious booger

Took a couple of cell phone shots, realized I had the pic quality turned down before, so they turned out pretty good aside from the algae outbreak

Finally getting the green to come out

17848233834_f62e78c471_c.jpg

Lookin good, from Lawn

18283146510_0be0743fed_c.jpg

Red meat has bounced back

18284691439_4197d431d0_c.jpg

Rainbow Chalice is really starting to grow

17848193434_db32c51a82_c.jpg

Thought this came out pretty cool

17850163683_37b21ebd4a_c.jpg

Looks great my friend glad your hydroid issue worker out. I really like the red meat coral.

NorthGaHillbilly

Greg, you're the man.

debatable, but Ill take it :D

Looking good man! Those LPS are happy!

Thank you sir!

I've been feeling pretty apathetic about the tank lately, today started out as a deep cleaning, and ended 4 hours later with a complete rescape, everything scrubbed down, and the sump completely vacuumed out.

Only have pictures under the blues, but once things clear out tomorrow I'll pull out the nikon and take some pretty pictures.

18164113653_956a22d2cb_c.jpg[

I got done at 4:30, and came in to look at the tank at 8:30 to see the nem had split between the then and now, been waiting for this to happen, glad it finally did

18784787665_c3671bea6c_c.jpg

And I've got to show this guy off

18162656823_9df514af08_c.jpg

NorthGaHillbilly

New scape looks good bro. Congrats on the nem split.

thanks broski, I was wondering if it was ever going to, getting pulled out of the water for 15 min and having a change in flow and light did the trick.

thanks broski, I was wondering if it was ever going to, getting pulled out of the water for 15 min and having a change in flow and light did the trick.

Yea I'd say so sir. I think I'm going to order the aqua buddy RODI system and some red sea coral pro salt to start making my own saltwater.

Archived