Innovative Marine Aquariums

What's a "Live Sale"?

ninjamyst

Usually they discount the items, and everything gets posted in real time. The vendor will post 5-10 items every couple minutes and first to buy/email them (depends on vendor) get the item

And it is usually done through a forum thread, not on the website. Most of the live sales I have seen are done on Reef2Reef. Go check out the R2R vendor forum and you will see numerous threads. Read the first post of one of the old live sales and you will see the rules and that will probably be the best way to explain how it works.

They are fun and a great way to get stuff at great prices, especially if you participate in one hosted by a store near you and you can pick it up and save on the shipping cost. I do that whenever World Wide Coral hosts one.

Usually they discount the items, and everything gets posted in real time. The vendor will post 5-10 items every couple minutes and first to buy/email them (depends on vendor) get the item

hmmm...often times i see everything are posted at the same time. Only difference is that they may list more items than usual on their website.

And it is usually done through a forum thread, not on the website. Most of the live sales I have seen are done on Reef2Reef. Go check out the R2R vendor forum and you will see numerous threads. Read the first post of one of the old live sales and you will see the rules and that will probably be the best way to explain how it works.

They are fun and a great way to get stuff at great prices, especially if you participate in one hosted by a store near you and you can pick it up and save on the shipping cost. I do that whenever World Wide Coral hosts one.

I would have no money at all if WWC was my lfs :lol:

hmmm...often times i see everything are posted at the same time. Only difference is that they may list more items than usual on their website.

I've never seen them with everything at once. Obviously once they're over they leave the thread open and people can look through it to see if anything is still available

I would have no money at all if WWC was my lfs :lol: I've never seen them with everything at once. Obviously once they're over they leave the thread open and people can look through it to see if anything is still available

LOL....I have to refrain myself from going there.....really nice stuff, just really expensive. There are other stores in Orlando that have decent stuff for much more reasonable prices.

Archived