ReefCleaners.org

POISON! DANGER! LE/tyree/sexyAF/fragstarmillionaire - dart frogs

BenjaminS

Hello everyone,
I have some wicked poisonous arrow frogs(nonpoisonous) up for grabs! They are dendrobates tinctorius azureus and I would love to find them a good home if you are interested. I am parting with them for 30.00 each. They are aprox 1 inch in size.
Come check out this site for caresheets:
mapazureus.jpg
Saurian Enterprises, Inc :: Dendrobates tinctorius "azur...
Synonyms Locality none Several pockets of remnant rainforest on the Sipaliwini savannah, Surinam South America Temps Humidity Terrarium Preferences Low to m...
Preview by Yahoo
xtinc_InferAlanis1.jpg.pagespeed.ic.SvEe
Dendrobates azureus & tinctorius - Novice - Dendroboard
Dendrobates azureus & tinctorius: Difficulty: Novice. D. azureus and tinctorius are some of the most common, colorful and charismatic frogs
Preview by Yahoo
azureus1.jpg
Saurian Enterprises, Inc :: Buy Dart Frogs :: Dart Frogs...
The blue dart frog was once a highly sought after, and hard to obtain dart frog. Now days its fairly common in the hobby, but still a very desirable and beautiful f...
Preview by Yahoo

More pics!

post-75372-0-13084200-1411715943_thumb.jpg

post-75372-0-01759100-1411715961_thumb.jpg

post-75372-0-73327100-1411715977_thumb.jpg

post-75372-0-99102100-1411716083_thumb.jpg

Can you keep dart frogs with tropical carnivorous plants?

What is the Nano Reef equivalent message board for dart frogs.

How smelly does a vivarium get?

And how noisy, or when are frogs noisy?

Can you keep dart frogs with tropical carnivorous plants? No! I wouldn't put my babies in with evil plants.

What is the Nano Reef equivalent message board for dart frogs. Dendroboards.com

How smelly does a vivarium get? A vivarium should not smell if you do it properly. Smell usually is a result from rotting stuff that you put in the tank. I would suggest putting moss and hydroton

And how noisy, or when are frogs noisy? Frogs are very quiet! These particular ones emit a slight hum that is very hard to hear unless you stick your ear against the glass. They hum during mating season

Are they actually poisonous without their specific foods? I thought that unless these frogs ate a very specific diet they had no poison on their skin?

Correct. I Beleive it has to do with amino acids in a particular ant they eat in the wild.

OP, thanks for making me miss my dart frog tanks! Must refrain from building a new one. Lol

I want to start a dart viv at some point.. for now I'll just continue to drool over other peoples' vivs..

I guess you could say I'll have to live vivariously through others :lol:

terrible pun.. half hour from beer time!

Could they live in something like this...

Watch "How To Make A Moss Terrarium" on YouTube

How To Make A Moss Terrarium:

?

That would be cool.

Can you keep dart frogs with tropical carnivorous plants? No! I wouldn't put my babies in with evil plants.

Feed me

FEED me!

FEED ME SEYMORE!

Thank you for answering my questions.

Archived