Innovative Marine Aquariums

AI prime wifi LED

reefernanoman

• 3 weeks later...
pygmy angel harem

Does anyone have the new flex-arm mount? I need to know what's on the backside of the clamp, opposite side of the screw. The screw clamp side is too big to fit in my tank and does the other side have metal that will rust in salt water?

Does anyone have the new flex-arm mount? I need to know what's on the backside of the clamp, opposite side of the screw. The screw clamp side is too big to fit in my tank and does the other side have metal that will rust in salt water?

Waiting on replies for this one too.

FlamingPrawn

Figured I'd post on here since the information thread didn't have any luck :( Has anyone ran this on a Cad 4? Looking for recommended settings for mainly zoas

What is "Ramp Time" ?

I can finally connect to my AI Prime from my Desktop and "Play" with the settings.

When I hit "Easy Setup" 1 thing I notice is that it has a default of 4 hrs "Ramp Time", What is this?

What should my "Ramp Time" Be?

What is "Ramp Time" ?

I can finally connect to my AI Prime from my Desktop and "Play" with the settings.

When I hit "Easy Setup" 1 thing I notice is that it has a default of 4 hrs "Ramp Time", What is this?

What should my "Ramp Time" Be?

The ramp time is the time it takes for the light to go to the max setting you have. Then back to off or night settings. Mine is set with a 4 hour ramp time. So its on at 8am and incrementally increases the the % of light till noon then from noon till 3pm it will be at my max setting. 3pm the ramp down begins and lights ramp down till 7pm then off.

Your ramp time should be what you like. I like to kinda mimic the local sun cycle. But the corals really dont care you can have no ramp and the corals will be fine. Just as long as they are getting 8 to 12 hours of light its all good.

• 2 weeks later...
AUSSIE NANO

Yes I have the 12" version. The clamp is metal powder coated.

Waiting on replies for this one too.

Powder coated metal.

Has anyone found an alternative tank mounting device? I hate the AI mount....

Try the flex arm. MUCH better!

just cut the excess off with a dremel tool.

Better. Use the flex arm. Much better than the upright bracket and ball swivel. Cheers!

SaltyPirate

I am upgrading from a Standard 10 Gallon to a 50 Tall (36 x 18 x 17). I am hoping to save some money on the lighting by just using 2 Ai Primes to light it. I know the length and width will be alright but im worried about the depth that I wont be able to have sps/clam at the bottom of a 17" deep tank. I wanna make sure I set this tank up right to house anything I might want since its 5x bigger then my nano I have now. Anyone know if I place my primes 6" above the water in a open top tank If I could house a clam on the bottom. It would be 23" below the prime. I already have 1 prime so it will save alot using them.

AUSSIE NANO

I am upgrading from a Standard 10 Gallon to a 50 Tall (36 x 18 x 17). I am hoping to save some money on the lighting by just using 2 Ai Primes to light it. I know the length and width will be alright but im worried about the depth that I wont be able to have sps/clam at the bottom of a 17" deep tank. I wanna make sure I set this tank up right to house anything I might want since its 5x bigger then my nano I have now. Anyone know if I place my primes 6" above the water in a open top tank If I could house a clam on the bottom. It would be 23" below the prime. I already have 1 prime so it will save alot using them.

I simply won't buy an AI Prime again. Buzzes like crazy when dimmed then the fan whines when 100% output.

SouthFlorida_Tron

That's not normal

Get a new one.

Mine is great and super quiet. I'd look at warranty replacement asap.

• Like 2
Elizabeth94

Aussie, I would also contact AI and have them replace your light. So far mine has been running for five months at 70% mid day. No loud fan noises here, and it is certainly on. Maybe you got a defective one? Even though they are cheap lights, money is money and I would certainly contact AI.

Hello I'm buying an IM 25 Lagoon in the next few weeks and I still undecided in which light use. This tank is 24"x20" but is only 12" height, a AI Prime would be enough light for this tank or I should go with the Ai Hydra 26 HD ?

I simply won't buy an AI Prime again. Buzzes like crazy when dimmed then the fan whines when 100% output.

You can hear my 2 AI Primes buzzing from 30 feet away when the driver is dimmed to anything other than 100% or 0% on the white or blue channels.

Also the 18" flex mounts slide on the tank because of the weak single nylon screw they use to mount.

Hello, right now I have a current usa orbit (18 watt) over my fluval spec V (5 gallons) So far I have been doing well with lps and softies. I got a little frag of pink birnest a few weeks ago. It is growing but it is pale (pastel color) I don't have fish and yesterday I tested Ammonia, phosphates, nitrite, nitrate, CA, alkalinity, Mg and everything is all right. I think it the lightning is a factor so I was wondering if the AI prime is ok for the size of my tank. Thank you!

AUSSIE NANO

You can hear my 2 AI Primes buzzing from 30 feet away when the driver is dimmed to anything other than 100% or 0% on the white or blue channels.

Also the 18" flex mounts slide on the tank because of the weak single nylon screw they use to mount.

That's why I went for the 12".

Aussie, I would also contact AI and have them replace your light. So far mine has been running for five months at 70% mid day. No loud fan noises here, and it is certainly on. Maybe you got a defective one? Even though they are cheap lights, money is money and I would certainly contact AI.

Mine has gotten quieter??? Ditto with fan. Either way I run at 100% all channels 10 hours /day. I'm starting to like the Prime more. Corals response is excellent. Dropped my daily water changes to 30% for the time being. Video of my 5 gallon Nano is on YouTube. REDOX was tested at 450 mV. I'm happy with that. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDrd6Vcva34

• Like 1
Elizabeth94

Good to hear! I really do love mine, and I an someone who came off of a radion xr30Pro. For me to like something that is less than a third of the price it rare

I think you will be A OK with dropping the percent of changed water. Unless you feed this tank like two cubes of frozen a day, you will be just fine. Looks like everything is nice and fluff :happy: Good video too, its nice and clear. Was it taken with a phone?

Mine has gotten quieter??? Ditto with fan. Either way I run at 100% all channels 10 hours /day. I'm starting to like the Prime more. Corals response is excellent. Dropped my daily water changes to 30% for the time being. Video of my 5 gallon Nano is on YouTube. REDOX was tested at 450 mV. I'm happy with that. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDrd6Vcva34

AUSSIE NANO

Good to hear! I really do love mine, and I an someone who came off of a radion xr30Pro. For me to like something that is less than a third of the price it rare

I think you will be A OK with dropping the percent of changed water. Unless you feed this tank like two cubes of frozen a day, you will be just fine. Looks like everything is nice and fluff :happy: Good video too, its nice and clear. Was it taken with a phone?

I don't keep fish with corals so no feeding. I don't add trace elements either of KH buffers etc. No need. The camera is piece of rubbish canon compact worth 60 dollars and can do 1080p but it's atrocious quality. Luckily I don't have to clean the glass which is great and also no unsightly coralline all over the glass or pump etc... I only like coralline where it belongs. On the rocks. LOL. These people that perform small water changes and run dKH at 9-11 etc make me laugh as their tanks are just over run with coralline. They look awful. Cheers! Oh and this is purely a test 5 gallon. I was only aiming for high sustained REDOX and a nightly phytoplankton bloom. Both achieved. At night shining a bright LED torch side on through the tank the water is a cloud of life just like it is diving on a reef at night. Daytime? Crystal clear. It is NOT set up to look amazing nor be a reef replica. Hence the 3 corals. Purely proving a point re large daily water changes and it's confirmed.

Elizabeth94

Takes damn good videos though, in my opinion. However, that could be because I use my phone. :happy:

One question- you don't feed at all and have no fish? wouldn't that mean no ammonia= no bacteria= not a cycled tank? (purely curiosity)

The camera is piece of rubbish canon compact worth 60 dollars and can do 1080p but it's atrocious quality.