Cultivated Reef

AI prime wifi LED

reefernanoman

Not sure on the par, but with a 20.5" depth they did great. I had them for a little over a month, but with my small tank(45g) and large colonies I got to much shadowing. Hands down best control/program and output I got in the LEDs I have tried(xr15, maxspect 420r, StevesLED)

20150510_161052_zpskwlgq60z.jpg

Although I switched back to T5...well, because T5 in my experience just trumps everything.

2015-06-23_15.01.54_zpsdx8ldzrc.jpg

• Like 3
Imprezadude

HI I'm new here, do any of you think an aI prime would grow sps? I'm wanting to model my tank marineland/might be a oceanic tank. it's 20x18x20 to look like sushi's cube tank. would a AI work for me, as I bought a used 150mh light but didn't know It would put out a lot of heat, and that the bulb would need to be replaced every 4-6 months. I'm about to go to elo aqua studio's and look at one. but wanted to know it would be the best light for the money spent. I'm also on SSDI so I can't go crazy with this build.

• Like 1

So I just switched from the prime to the nano box duo and I honestly think I like the prime more. It maybe less in power but the app that is made is easier, the 7 channels instead of two is great and honestly the color it produced it think I like better considering the price as well. Anybody else have a nano box and a prime?

• Like 3
Partially Submerged

I've never had a nano box, but I really like the color. It took me a while to figure out the right mix, but what I'm using now (everything 90% except r/g/cw 50%) looks fantastic.

• Like 1
Imprezadude

well I just thought I would update, and say that the tank was around 18x18x18 and about 4-6 inches from the top of the tank was a moni cap that was healthy. so it looks like it can grow sps, and for the money can't be beat 200.00

• Like 1

So I just switched from the prime to the nano box duo and I honestly think I like the prime more. It maybe less in power but the app that is made is easier, the 7 channels instead of two is great and honestly the color it produced it think I like better considering the price as well. Anybody else have a nano box and a prime?

Well then I am sorry to say Matteo there must clearly be something wrong with your eyes, otherwise you would know by 6 million other posters on this board there isn't a single source of light, or light fixture on the face of this earth including the speed of light itself that compares to the NanoBox!!!

Visual appeal is subjective. If Matteo likes the prime's look better then he likes the prime's look better.

I doubt theres a nanobot on the forum that will tell him he's wrong for liking something else more.

Honestly I like diy rig I did with my dad better than a nanobox v3 just because it has a bluer look.

I think the current v3 board is a tad on the white side with three white and two lime against four rb, one cb, and one cyan. I'm not involving the violets in that comparison because all the other LEDs drown out their color. Still a good light though.

• Like 2

So I talked to Dave and I am receiving parts today to make it 4 channel dimmable which should help with color. I love DIY I have a DIY on my 5.5 gallon but it has enough leds to power my 30g haha. I made it to create that desired blue and couldn't be happier. Only problem is price on DIY can add up

So I talked to Dave and I am receiving parts today to make it 4 channel dimmable which should help with color. I love DIY I have a DIY on my 5.5 gallon but it has enough leds to power my 30g haha. I made it to create that desired blue and couldn't be happier. Only problem is price on DIY can add up

Do you still have your AI Prime? would you be willing to take comparison photos between the Prime and the Nanobox?

I've been debating between the two and this might help put the final nail into the decision.

Visual appeal is subjective. If Matteo likes the prime's look better then he likes the prime's look better.

Exodus was being sarcastic haha I picked it up. So in conclusion I am selling if anyone's interested

I doubt theres a nanobot on the forum that will tell him he's wrong for liking something else more.

Honestly I like diy rig I did with my dad better than a nanobox v3 just because it has a bluer look.

He was being sarcastic haha

Well then I am sorry to say Matteo there must clearly be something wrong with your eyes, otherwise you would know by 6 million other posters on this board there isn't a single source of light, or light fixture on the face of this earth including the speed of light itself that compares to the NanoBox!!!

My Wavepoint 12 inch is the best

• Like 1
reefernanoman

Nope, nothing wrong with their eyes at all. It is a very subjective thing. What you think is the best light in the world to YOUR EYES will not be the case for everyone. I have never seen an AI prime in action, but I do have a minitide, and guess what? I'm not impressed at all. So i guess there's something wrong with my eyes too right? ;)

Nope, nothing wrong with their eyes at all. It is a very subjective thing. What you think is the best light in the world to YOUR EYES will not be the case for everyone. I have never seen an AI prime in action, but I do have a minitide, and guess what? I'm not impressed at all. So i guess there's something wrong with my eyes too right? ;)

Good lord, that entire post is no longer funny when I have to point out it was "Sarcasm" <_< I really thought the "including the speed of light itself" part gave it away....

• Like 3
reefernanoman

Good lord, that entire post is no longer funny when I have to point out it was "Sarcasm" <_< I really thought the "including the speed of light itself" part gave it away....

Sorry! I totally forgot about you! I just came back from vacation and have been out of the loop for two weeks. I apologize again. Foot in my mouth once again. I must add that the minitide is "too white" for my taste, but I was not saying that it's a horrible light.

Sorry! I totally forgot about you! I just came back from vacation and have been out of the loop for two weeks. I apologize again. Foot in my mouth once again. I must add that the minitide is "too white" for my taste, but I was not saying that it's a horrible light.

Yep it is subjective - I personally dislike blue and like white. Blue looks really unnatural to me.

I will say - great thing about the Prime is that you can tweak it. I ultimately went with NanoBox though since I just like the way it looks.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

is there an easy way of getting the lights to ramp up and down in a smooth curve on the IOS app, seems that adding points for each color is more than tedious and the easy setup only gives you a very drastic ramp, long peak/ and another drastic ramp down.

I called BRS, where I purchased mine, to ask them what the PAR is on these, since most sites (BRS, MD, Amazon) have it at 500 (doubt it), but the AI site has it at 250, both at 12". I pointed him to the AI sales brochure on the BRS site which has it at 500, and the brochure on the AI site which has it at 250. He/they were unaware of that, and wasn't too pleased. So he's going to call me back and let me know what they say.

HarryPotter

I called BRS, where I purchased mine, to ask them what the PAR is on these, since most sites (BRS, MD, Amazon) have it at 500 (doubt it), but the AI site has it at 250, both at 12". I pointed him to the AI sales brochure on the BRS site which has it at 500, and the brochure on the AI site which has it at 250. He/they were unaware of that, and wasn't too pleased. So he's going to call me back and let me know what they say.

Lol try to get a refund haha. False advertising ;)

jedimasterben

And remember, that is 250 at 12" distance on-center from the sensor, not that it is xx inches above a 12" tall tank. At 18" (6" above a 12" tank), PAR would be ~111, at 24" (6" above an 18" tall tank) it would be down to ~62.

• Like 1

To clarify, what I mean by what "they" say is that they're going to call AI to see what's up. I would be tempted to get a refund, but they are nice, and my tank is only 13" deep. But I'll likely need a third for 36" wide.

And remember, that is 250 at 12" distance on-center from the sensor, not that it is xx inches above a 12" tall tank. At 18" (6" above a 12" tank), PAR would be ~111, at 24" (6" above an 18" tall tank) it would be down to ~62.

Yow. However, the rock work can bring it back up to 12" or less for a 13" deep tank.