Innovative Marine Aquariums

AI prime wifi LED

reefernanoman

Is any one else interested in this light? It has built in WIFI and is supposed to be full spectrum. It's going to be only $200. Thoughts?

http://www.aquaillumination.com/lighting/prime/

If anybody is interested in pre-ordering. I know that it says "instock", but I asked already and was told that it's a glitch.

http://www.saltwateraquarium.com/prime-wifi-led-fixture-aquaillumination.html

Is any one else interested in this light? It has built in WIFI and is supposed to be full spectrum. It's going to be only $200. Thoughts?

http://www.aquaillumination.com/lighting/prime/

Looks like they're trying to compete with the lowering prices of full spectrum. Although that light is SUPER small.

I would love to know the coverage on them though, maybe two for my Fusion 20L, that would be cool.

• Like 2

Looks like they're trying to compete with the lowering prices of full spectrum. Although that light is SUPER small.

I would love to know the coverage on them though, maybe two for my Fusion 20L, that would be cool.

You got a fusion 20 long? Oh I see it's 24 inches long right?

I think I read its possible to reach 18" spread. So realistically I guess that's what 12"? Lol

Yeah, I think that it would be perfect for a small 12x12x12 cube or something smaller. It would sure work better than my PAR 38. But my wife would give me back the wedding ring if I got it. :(

Yeah, I think that it would be perfect for a small 12x12x12 cube or something smaller. It would sure work better than my PAR 38. But my wife would give me back the wedding ring if I got it. :(

Imagine the build you could start after a trip to sell that ring at the pawn shop tho haha

• Like 15

The AI prime is a sexy little light. Wifi control, full spec - 200 bucks? AI and Ecotech have great reputations, too. AI I think is made in Ames or Des Moines Iowa. They started out there at least. The LFS when I was in Iowa City couldn't stop talking about them.

• Like 2

the kessil a160 has my bet on a more popular small tank controllable light. Its pretty much the a150 but with control. Very few people complained about the a150 in any way other than controllability from what I had seen. especially at the close to 200$ pricepoint

Depends on the quality of the diodes used in the Prime really and the amount of control. Kessil logic is pretty cool but rather limited. If this Wi-Fi control covers each color individually then the Prime has a one up on the A160 in that factor.

I haven't seen any confirmation of the A160WE's price point yet but i'm thinking it will be a tiny bit more expensive then the prime.

any idea on release date(s)?

I found a website that you can preorder them, but I have never dealt with them before. They say that it would be shipped before black friday, but I don't think that they are a sponsor here. Am I allowed to put a link to a non-sponsor?(sounds inappropriate to me)

Depends on the quality of the diodes used in the Prime really and the amount of control. Kessil logic is pretty cool but rather limited. If this Wi-Fi control covers each color individually then the Prime has a one up on the A160 in that factor.

I haven't seen any confirmation of the A160WE's price point yet but i'm thinking it will be a tiny bit more expensive then the prime.

yeh if they put it out at the 150's its lookin at like 225 but it is something a lot of people already know they like so that could be either a good or bad thing. Some people live for new untried stuff.

I hate AI's customer service. We're going with a different LED when we get back into the hobby because of that. So, heads up before you order. If you have issues, they are a nightmare. I was not pleased.

reefernanoman

I hate AI's customer service. We're going with a different LED when we get back into the hobby because of that. So, heads up before you order. If you have issues, they are a nightmare. I was not pleased.

Well that sucks. Did you have any issues with an AI product?. But the price that they are asking for this little light with wifi built in is very tempting.

Enchelycore808

I wonder what kind of wattage and LED's they used for this light.

If I remember correctly it's a 45w light. Single cluster so I'm thinking maybe like 1 cluster out of the hydra 52 or something? Either way, can't wait! A $200 wireless AI product can't go wrong. Gonna upgrade my ai nano with this.

• Like 1
Angel<3Nanos

That sucks. Because I have had the greatest experience with AI costumer service. They were extremely helpful whenever I used to call because I couldn't figure out the director lol. I even called a few weeks when MyAI website was not uploading my firmware, and they were very kind and helpful. Guess it's not the same for everyone. As for me, they have been good. :)

reefernanoman

If I remember correctly it's a 45w light. Single cluster so I'm thinking maybe like 1 cluster out of the hydra 52 or something? Either way, can't wait! A $200 wireless AI product can't go wrong. Gonna upgrade my ai nano with this.

OOhhh I would love to see this! let us know as soon as it's on top of your tank!

So it sounds strong enough for sps corals on a small cube I'm assuming.