Cultivated Reef

very pretty! what is it?

Jbrock183

I prefer to try to figure out these things on my own but sometimes I just can't and I'm glad to have this forum to help me learn. I just got a new frag but can not remember what the guy at the LFS told me it was. It was a long name.... I picked it because it reminded me of a pretty blue christmas tree with green flickering lights. What is this?

I got a great deal on this frag - one piece of rubble with 3 pieces.

That's not galaxea IMO. Can you get better quality pictures?

Galaxea makes small cylindrical tubes of skeleton.. That (IMO) looks nothing like it.

I'm thinking lepsterosis but I'm on my phone so idk. are there tentacles out or is it all flesh?

Never had a galaxia but the skeleton doesn't seem right. RescueGalaxia.jpg
I HAVE had it and you're correct. ;)

I'm thinking lepsterosis but I'm on my phone so idk. are there tentacles out or is it all flesh?

I HAVE had it and you're correct. ;)

doesn't lepto grow in shelves like monti cap though

doesn't lepto grow in shelves like monti cap though

Maybe Idk, I thought it was more like chalices, but I've never seen it in person.

But the pattern looks correct for lepto... And IMO it's definitely 100% not galaxea.

Google lepsterosis and see if that's what it looks like.

leptoseris*... sry lol u get like 5 different things google tries to point you toward if you type that spelling in

leptoseris*... sry lol u get like 5 different things google tries to point you toward if you type that spelling in

Alcohol*

Lol yes leptoseris..

I did. But that looks more like a mushroom. I don't think that's it.

Yours looks like a mushroom or the Google image does? Lepto from what I understand is a stony coral similar to chalice coral.

Lol agree with no alcohol for identification. However I do think I'm close, not dead on, but close.

Maybe it's because I'm on a phone but I don't see why it doesn't look like lepto.

I'm gonna shut off the lights and let the little guy have some peace. I'll post more pics tomorrow and maybe he will show more then. Thanks. This is fun and u all are funny too!

so - mr. hey. Ashland, ky here. Where in WV?

Archived