Top Shelf Aquatics

LED unit suggestions.

Chrisl1976

Helping friend of mine put together a tank. Looking for a affordable light for a 60 Oceanic cube. Nothing super fancy. In the $100-250 range if possible. Came across some units online. Anything capable of basic coral grows. FOWLR to most likely softies and basic LPS.

This is one he came across. Aquamana AQ LED 55x3w. Seeing a post on here about it. Color output did not look to bad. Figured he'd need possible two units.

Any other suggestions?

Possibly controllable with light controller?

http://www.amazon.com/AQUAMANA-LED-55x3W-Dimmable-Aquarium-Light/dp/B00FHDEAFQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1411502570&sr=8-2&keywords=reef+led+lighting

Thanks

If it will cover the footprint necessary the Kessil A150W are one of my favorites and fit in that price range toward the upper end. It depends on what you want to give up in functionality though. The 150 isn't dimmable or programmable. I have one over a 30 gallon cube and love it. I would need two to cover a 36" long mixed reef tank though. The clarity and shimmer of the light is amazing though which you would likely give up in a like priced light that has more functionality. Lucky for you there are TONS of choices.. lol

ReefBreeders SuperLux in that budget range.

I wouldnt put that Aquamana light over my tank if you gave it to me free.

What use is the spoiler if it just shows up over on the sidebar

Archived