Pod Your Reef

Little Help

oohnoo

• 2 years later...

Little update on my tank since I updated it 2 years ago. Corals have come and gone on my tank since and I'm in the mood to upgrade the tank itself. Was thinking of going with either the IM40 or the JBL45 but I'm seriously now considering the IM30L as this will give me more real-estate length wise vers height. Would love to keep my refigum and it has tons of room but the longer 30L might just do the trick. Only extra thing I would need is another Hydra 26 to fill the whole area but I see now they have the new Hydra26-HD. Same light but without the controller?

Just had a loss the other day of my Cleaner Shrimp, had him for a few years now. Probably my own fault as I haven't been keeping up with the water changes. Which reminds me as I did get a new larger office at work and had to move the tank. Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Siphoned out 5 gallons and just picked it and the refigum up as I had them on a separate base and move it to a cart to transport. Hardest part was hooking all the power back up.

2016-11-22%2012.25.22.jpg?raw=1

Definitely upgrade your light. These are the preferred brands.

Ai prime or Hd

Nanobox

Kessils

Radions

Aquamaxx and orbits for budget or longer tanks

I would suggest either 2g weekly waterchanges or 5g every 2 weeks. Weekly is better IMO.

Maybe making your own salt water would be better. More control over parameters and its probably cheaper to buy a container of salt and an 18-20l of distilled weekly.

Use carbon in smaller amounts. I've used chemipure blue, matrix and kent. I prefer the last 2. I can buy a large container for the same price but control qty used and change it out mnthly. I saw mo benefit with chemipure but it cost a lot.

Maybe feed the tank 1x a week with coral food. I saw a huge improvement with feeding.

Archived