Coral Vue Hydros

Fusion 10G with 32 SPS frags!.FTS/video for December 2016. Pg#15

reefernanoman

Elizabeth94

Well it is beautiful, whether it grows slowly or not :) .

Looks like it has some decent sized mouths on it. Maybe it would benefit with some small foods.

• Like 1
reefernanoman

Well it is beautiful, whether it grows slowly or not :) .

Looks like it has some decent sized mouths on it. Maybe it would benefit with some small foods.

Yeah, I feed my corals reef chilli from BRS every Monday and Wednesday. I think that I'm going to pick up an outer space psammocora too, which looks amazing too from the same LFS once they arrive. I guess psammocora aren't very popular for some reason, since I haven't seen much of them in people's tanks. They are considered hardy SPS.

• Like 1

Yeah, I feed my corals reef chilli from BRS every Monday and Wednesday. I think that I'm going to pick up an outer space psammocora too, which looks amazing too from the same LFS once they arrive. I guess psammocora aren't very popular for some reason, since I haven't seen much of them in people's tanks. They are considered hardy SPS.

Mr. Microscope has a beautiful psammocora in his tank. I think they're pretty, but I don't see them for sale very often.

• Like 1
reefernanoman

Corals update: Added two frags this last Sunday 04/24/16.

Mystic sunset monti. I had one of these, but lost it when my tank was having a bad period of time:

IMG_3720%201.jpg

Forest fire digitata:

IMG_3722.jpg

• Like 3

I almost killed my forest fire digitata frag when my frag tank went bad, but it's slowly coming back now. It's nice to see yours so I can see what mine should look like :P

That mystic sunset monti is very cool. I'm jealous :)

• Like 1
reefernanoman

I almost killed my forest fire digitata frag when my frag tank went bad, but it's slowly coming back now. It's nice to see yours so I can see what mine should look like :P

That mystic sunset monti is very cool. I'm jealous :)

And I'm jealous of your fully loaded fusion 10G!

• Like 1
reefernanoman

New corals here from Cultivated Reef. They are all huge and beautiful frags! Highly recommended. Holly was great to work with.

Frags floating :

IMG_20160429_111159.jpg

Corals in their new place:

IMG_20160429_150458.jpg

• Like 4
reefernanoman

Looking great. Looks like you did a lot of rescaping. What happened to the GSP on your backwall?

I shoved it into my other tank so that it could cover the barebottom. I switch corals around once in a while. Thanks.

reefernanoman

Wow, they look great! Lots of new color in this tank now :)

Thanks teeny! Three more corals coming Tuesday! All of the frags are beautiful, big and colorful!

• Like 1
reefernanoman

Wow, they look great! Lots of new color in this tank now :)

Check it out! 6 of the frags I shoved in here, and put the grafted monti in my 28G. Frags from cultivated reef:

CR's Commoners Envy Pocillopora. I noticed that a little bit of the skin is coming off at the tips. Maybe too much flow? Beautiful multicolor:

IMG_3726.jpg

Purple and Green Monti:

IMG_3731.jpg

Pokerstar Monti:

IMG_3732.jpg

CR's LA Lakers monti:

IMG_3735.jpg

Sunset Monti:

IMG_3736.jpg

Devil's Armor Palys:

IMG_3739.jpg

• Like 1
reefernanoman

Sweet!!!!

Now it's 4 corals because I forgot to add the 20%, so I got a frag instead! I'm going to try my first Acro too with a limeade shortcake. I was told that it's hardy, so wish me luck!

• Like 1

Everything is looking really good. I see a stylocoeniella (always have to look up spelling) in the video. I got a free one that the LFS didn't know what to do with, ended up being turquoise and brownish. Have you seen the wild color ones places like Jason Fox has? One day I will get one. :)

• Like 1
reefernanoman

Everything is looking really good. I see a stylocoeniella (always have to look up spelling) in the video. I got a free one that the LFS didn't know what to do with, ended up being turquoise and brownish. Have you seen the wild color ones places like Jason Fox has? One day I will get one. :)

Thanks! You mean the Jose Casas pink polyp stylo? Yeah, those Jason Fox corals look very nice.

• Like 1
reefernanoman

Quick cellphone pic of placement of new frags and transfer of my Tyree flower petal from my Nanocube. Moved some things around again :)

IMG_20160501_103104_1.jpg

Yellow Watchman goby was sticking his head out! Funny.

• Like 3
reefernanoman

Update 05/03/2016:

Moved both stylos to my 28G because they were not liking my 10G. Also both of my mystic sunset corals are not doing well in either my 28G or 10G! They are developing a white spot in the middle and sides. If I lose them again, I'm done with mystics. In other more positive news, the second shipment from Cultivated Reef came in.

New frags from CR. Big and beautiful!:

Tyree rainbow monti. I already had one, but this one is very different:

IMG_3747.jpg

Bird of paradise birdsnest. Another that I already have, but again, it's very different and my old frag is very small:

IMG_3748.jpg

Another grafted monti. I couldn't resist!:

IMG_3751.jpg

• Like 2
reefernanoman

Are you dosing anything for Ca/Alk in this tank?

Yeah, Kent Marine Nanoreef Part A & B. 1.5Ml every Mon/Wed. Ever since I started doing that, I've seen better growth and coloration.

• Like 1