Coral Vue Hydros

Fusion 10G with 32 SPS frags!.FTS/video for December 2016. Pg#15

reefernanoman

reefernanoman

I love the birdsnest and the candy cane!! Hopefully mine can look as good as that too. :)

That birdsnest frag is pretty much what is left from my huge colony that I nuked by mistake when I scraped the pulsing xenias off my glass from my other tank. That was heart breaking!

reefernanoman

Nice! I love that mystic sunset. It's going to look great when it grows out :wub:

Thanks teeny! I thought there was something wrong with it at the beginning, but found out that the polyps are very small on these corals, compared to other montis in my tank.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
reefernanoman

Guess who just ordered a blue and white mini tide this morning around 1am? ME! :D:) .

Can't wait to see the GSP grow out :D

Yeah, that is going to look like a furry carpet back there!.

• Like 5
reefernanoman

Nice tank, what brand Par38 do you have?

Thanks, It's a discontinued PAR38 that Reefbreeders used to sell. It has worked very well, but it's time to take my tank to the next level!

reefernanoman

It seems that I have some kind of red flat worms! But they are not getting on top of my corals. They are small and flat. Yuck. They were all over my LR and I was able to remove some of them with my turkey baster. They come right off.

reefernanoman

I just transferred my MP10wes back to my fusion 10G, since I got tired of cleaning the WP10(good pump but hard to clean!). Get this:I can still control my MP10 from my living room, which is great because my fusion 10G is inside the first guest room. Luckily my house is not big, but I'm amazed that this can be accomplished even through a door. Second MP10wes coming for my NC28G after the price drop. I don't even hear the MP10 running due to the fact that I never go beyond 50%. The WP10 is nice but like I said before, it's a PITA to clean.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
reefernanoman

So my ghost skimmer stopped producing foam today, blew on the ventury valve but that was not the problem, so I decided to take the whole thing apart and found that there was calcium or something white blocking the air inlet on the pump itself. Weird :

20150321_103918.jpg

After I pushed that gunk out of there, it is back to normal.

Huh. I've never seen that before. With my Pico Skim being air driven though, all I see is gunk in the main tube that I need to scrub out ever other week though.

reefernanoman

Any new pics of the tank?

I'm waiting for my minitide to snap my new pictures! The only changes are that I went back to my MP10, I got rid of my orange monti cap because it was growing out of control(a good thing ha!) and it was starting to cover my other corals. I also removed my gobstoppers zoas because they were getting huge. I also removed my rainbow monti due to poor color, but I might bring it back after I get the minitide! I just might remove my hammer coral too and just go with dominant SPS fusion 10G. Thanks for asking!

Tank is looking great!

Thanks! Nice looking dog! I have a female miniature pinscher that follows me around everywhere, so we also have similar dogs! Mine is just like a miniature of your dog! More things in common! This is getting scary. :lol:

• Like 1

I'm waiting for my minitide to snap my new pictures! The only changes are that I went back to my MP10, I got rid of my orange monti cap because it was growing out of control(a good thing ha!) and it was starting to cover my other corals. I also removed my gobstoppers zoas because they were getting huge. I also removed my rainbow monti due to poor color, but I might bring it back after I get the minitide! I just might remove my hammer coral too and just go with dominant SPS fusion 10G. Thanks for asking!

Thanks! Nice looking dog! I have a female miniature pinscher that follows me around everywhere, so we also have similar dogs! Mine is just like a miniature of your dog! More things in common! This is getting scary. :lol:

I can't wait for the pics with the Tide :haha:

Unfortunately Clyde (the nice looking dog) passed away last year from old age. He was a good dog! I've had a new pup for about 9 months now (Leia), some kind of lab/greyhound mix. She's built for speed!!

• Like 1
reefernanoman

I can't wait for the pics with the Tide :haha:

Unfortunately Clyde (the nice looking dog) passed away last year from old age. He was a good dog! I've had a new pup for about 9 months now (Leia), some kind of lab/greyhound mix. She's built for speed!!

Sorry about your dog. Most of the time I like my dog more than lots of people!
  • Like 1
reefernanoman

Man, I think that my daughter was playing with a can of febreeze inside the room where my fusion 10G is and I can see a couple of my SPS not doing so well! It's been about 2 weeks since that happened, so hopefully they will bounce back. Has anyone ever experienced this?

reefernanoman

How are the corals doing now? Have they recovered yet?

I might have lost my mystic frag, since it looked very bad, so I moved it over with the rest of my LPS and zoas into my 28g so that I could go 100% SPS. All my other SPS seem fine. Thanks for asking teeny. Hopefully I will get my minitide by next week!

• Like 1
cruzH20polo

Killer 10g!

as for the fabreeze issue, mass water changes usually help, although in general aerosols generally get removed from water rather rapidly

• Like 1
reefernanoman

Killer 10g!

as for the fabreeze issue, mass water changes usually help, although in general aerosols generally get removed from water rather rapidly

Thanks! Minitide should be here by the end of this week, so that I can show off my new 100% SPS domination! It looks almost bare, but a few more nice SPS frags in the future should help. My three buddies are still going strong!

• Like 1