Cultivated Reef

Fusion 10G with 32 SPS frags!.FTS/video for December 2016. Pg#15

reefernanoman

reefernanoman

That is an awesome video :P

Do you have any trouble between the cleaners and the pistol shrimp?

During feeding time, you know how crazy cleaner shrimp are, if the cleaner shrimp gets too close to the goby, the pistol shrimp will snap on his antennas, making the cleaner shrimp jump back. That's about it. They keep to themselves otherwise. Thanks.
  • Like 2
reefernanoman
I really like Pistol Shrimp and Gobies! I might consider adding a pair down the road...

Tank looks great!

Thanks! Symbiotic relationships between three animals is mesmerizing.

• Like 1
reefernanoman

Intank media basket came in today. I sure like it better than the caddy one:

IMG_1847.jpg

A couple of frag additions:

IMG_1868.jpg

IMG_1871.jpg

And some shots of my other frags:

IMG_1865.jpgIMG_1863.jpgIMG_1862.jpgIMG_1861.jpgIMG_1860.jpgIMG_1859.jpgIMG_1856.jpg

• Like 1
reefernanoman

I'm currently using some hair tweezers to get rid of of those damn hydroids, and I can almost lift the rocks completely before I can dislodge them! To say that these suckers hang on hard is an understatement!

Wow, that last round of pictures looks fantastic! Sorry to hear about the hydroids, though. Can you post a picture of one?

Glad to hear the hydrogen peroxide helped with the algae. From what I've heard it may come back and need another round but it should be much easier to control the second time around.

• Like 1
reefernanoman

Wow, that last round of pictures looks fantastic! Sorry to hear about the hydroids, though. Can you post a picture of one?

Glad to hear the hydrogen peroxide helped with the algae. From what I've heard it may come back and need another round but it should be much easier to control the second time around.

Thanks, Here are these nasty things:

Hydroid2.jpg

reefernanoman

Wow, those are nasty little critters. Have you tried any of the aptasia treatments?

Yeah, and they seem to just shake it off. I only tried aptisia x though and it was very old. Maybe I should try another type.

reefernanoman

Added a few nice frags yesterday that a fellow local reefer was selling. The colors are not 100% due to the camera(no macro lens)and the frags are missing a little color, but everything in my tank colors up with time:

Chong bong:

IMG_1873.jpg

GobStopper:

IMG_1877.jpg

Bam Bam:

IMG_1881.jpg

FTS:

IMG_1886.jpg

• Like 2

Do you have any in your tank?

nope, only zoa's i have right now are eagle eyes, radio dragons and greenbay packers. lost my orange mauls to some turf algea that spread on it's plug

reefernanoman

nope, only zoa's i have right now are eagle eyes, radio dragons and greenbay packers. lost my orange mauls to some turf algea that spread on it's plug

Sorry to hear that

reefernanoman

A little video after installing the new frags and current look 12/18/14:

I don't know why it got uploaded as standard and not HD? That's the first time this happens.

• Like 2
reefernanoman

For some reason, if I use my DSLR to make videos, then transfer them to the pc and finally to youtube, they get uploaded in SD form. But I just realized that I did upload a video in HD from my DSLR before. I probably pressed something.

I'll have to figure it out later. Anyways, here's a HD video of my previous post through my phone:

• Like 3
reefernanoman

Why would the green ricordia that I bought be turning white? It's all the way at the bottom of my tank. I have other colored mushrooms that are doing fine and are higher in the rockwork.

Hmmm, I know this happens sometimes with rics for no apparent reason. Are the others also rics?

I'd try putting it someplace with minimum flow and in the shade for a few weeks to see if it recovers.

reefernanoman

Hmmm, I know this happens sometimes with rics for no apparent reason. Are the others also rics?

I'd try putting it someplace with minimum flow and in the shade for a few weeks to see if it recovers.

No, this is the first ric that I have ever tried. Pulsing Xenias don't make it in this tank either.

reefernanoman

my last tank gave me a problem with only mushrooms, rics etc. i could put anything else in there and it thrived, weird when these things happen

I Know. And some SPS don't make it in my 28G NC and do just fine in my 10G Fusion. Weird.

• Like 1

For some reason, if I use my DSLR to make videos, then transfer them to the pc and finally to youtube, they get uploaded in SD form. But I just realized that I did upload a video in HD from my DSLR before. I probably pressed something.

I'll have to figure it out later. Anyways, here's a HD video of my previous post through my phone:

My cat was sitting on my lap and when the shrimp entered the video at :36 she went rigid and looked hungry all of a sudden. :lol:

• Like 2
reefernanoman

My cat was sitting on my lap and when the shrimp entered the video at :36 she went rigid and looked hungry all of a sudden. :lol:

LOL. Cats are funny. Cats do like to eat fish and shrimp :D .

• Like 1

LOL. Cats are funny. Cats do like to eat fish and shrimp :D .

Mine is sort of weird then. She only likes them on TV, when I had a 10 gallon running on my counter (freshwater planted) she would only use it as a drinking saucer. She never actually went for the fish in it lol. That was before my counter started cracking off of the wall and I had to take it down lol. And on to saltwater instead! ;)

• Like 3