Coral Vue Hydros

Fusion 10G with 32 SPS frags!.FTS/video for December 2016. Pg#15

reefernanoman

Awesome looking... love the goby and dual shrimp action... I had a pair before but of course they went behind my rockwork... haha...

Looking good man

• Like 1
reefernanoman

Awesome goby and shrimp! Everything looks happy :)

I am not running a skimmer on my IM 20. I think I will stick with the 3g water changes bi weekly.

That's what I have been doing for the last 3-4 years on my other tank with great results. I only feed once a day and have started to feed reef chilli once in a while. Thanks!

Meh, really dissatisfied with the Jebao I bought.

Really? When I tried my WP10 on my NC 28G, it looked like it was not enough flow, so I went back to my MP10. Another thing is that for some reason my WP10 is pretty noisy in any other speed other than the lowest one, but it works pretty well on my Fusion 10.

Awesome looking... love the goby and dual shrimp action... I had a pair before but of course they went behind my rockwork... haha...

Looking good man

Thanks, I got lucky, since they made their home right in front of one of the rocks, facing the front of the tank. Added a video on the post #1 for your viewing pleasure. :)

• Like 1

That's what I have been doing for the last 3-4 years on my other tank with great results. I only feed once a day and have started to feed reef chilli once in a while. Thanks!

Really? When I tried my WP10 on my NC 28G, it looked like it was not enough flow, so I went back to my MP10. Another thing is that for some reason my WP10 is pretty noisy in any other speed other than the lowest one, but it works pretty well on my Fusion 10.

Thanks, I got lucky, since they made their home right in front of one of the rocks, facing the front of the tank. :)

I got the RW8, which is I kid you not 100% silent. BUT, the night feature is kind of wonky, and when I left today at 11:50 AM EST, the pump had not turned back on and the blues were on, so I'm not sure what's going on there. When my wife gets home at 4:30, I'm going to have her take a look.

• Like 1
reefernanoman

I wonder if I should add another black clown , or would that be pushing it? That would be three fish total. Maybe if I add a skimmer?

I wonder if I should add another black clown , or would that be pushing it? That would be three fish total. Maybe if I add a skimmer?

I think that 3 fish would be pushing it for a 10g.

• Like 1

I remember when I first started this hobby I was buying every fish I liked....now over the years I look at my Coral more than the fish.

In most of my tanks I just have Damsels, which are awesome. :lol::mellow:

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Your tank looks great! I just ordered a Fusion 10 and I'm spending all my time looking at other Fusion 10 threads while I wait for it to show up. Other than the slow flow through the media basket, is there anything else you particularly like or don't like so far?

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
reefernanoman
Your tank looks great! I just ordered a Fusion 10 and I'm spending all my time looking at other Fusion 10 threads while I wait for it to show up. Other than the slow flow through the media basket, is there anything else you particularly like or don't like so far?

I can't say that I don't like anything about this tank so far, but I did love the price! I have been very satisfied with my purchase. I figured out that I had slow flow due to my stock pump being at the lowest flow level. Now I have it at 50%.anything over that overwhelmes the caddy media basket.

• Like 1

Yeah, I think the design of the InTank media basket is much better. It has a higher rear wall to keep the water from overflowing. I have my stock pump maxxed out. There's good flow in the tank and the basket doesn't overflow much at all.

I think the features and quality are great, and when you consider the price this really is kind of a holy grail of AIO's. I haven't seen anything that compares for anywhere near the same cost.

• Like 1
reefernanoman

Update on coral growth after 2 months:

IMG_1823.jpgIMG_1824.jpg

And the mandatory FTS 11/20/14:

IMG_1841.jpg

My SPS have taken off in growth. I don't know why, but my SPS seems to grow faster than the LPS in my tank? I thought it would be the other way around. Specially the orange monti, which grows like weeds in both of my tanks.

• Like 3
reefernanoman
Wow, looking great! Are you growing GSP on the back wall?

Thanks! Yeah, I'm going to try to cover the back wall with GPS. I've seen it in other tanks and it looks cool .

• Like 1
reefernanoman

My IM desktop skimmer is still going crazy after I used JBWeld underwater putty. It had stopped producing micro-bubbles and it was skimming really well. After a couple of water changes, it's still producing tons of bubbles and no skimming. I'll just have to wait it out.

A little video update of my progress: 11/24/14:

• Like 2
reefernanoman

After about a week, my skimmer is finally back to normal, which means I'm never using JB WELD again. It's producing good skimmate and only a couple of bubbles here and there are introduced into my display.

• Like 2
reefernanoman

Tank looks great! What is the combined temperature of that light?

Not sure. All I know is that it's a PAR 38 full spectrum that reef breeders used to sell. I think it has 4 RB, 4CW, 1 red and 1 UV. thanks!

I double checked the specs from websites about the reef breeders PAR 38, and it actually has 12 LED'S. I think I also have two blues in there. It has worked great anyways.

I've used the JB Waterweld stuff too, but not in my tank with the IM Desktop skimmer. I haven't had any problems in the tank with the Pico Skim 2.0, but I try to use the smallest possible amount of the waterweld. I'm just curious, how big were the pieces you used?

• Like 1
reefernanoman
I've used the JB Waterweld stuff too, but not in my tank with the IM Desktop skimmer. I haven't had any problems in the tank with the Pico Skim 2.0, but I try to use the smallest possible amount of the waterweld. I'm just curious, how big were the pieces you used?

Probably too big! I'm not too good at using that stuff.

• Like 1

Yeah, I know what you mean. When I glued my Birdsnest in my 4g is used a big hunk of it and that big white blob still stares at me every time I look at the tank :( It's only now starting to get colored up and encrusted after about four months.

Since then I've learned to just use a chunk about the size of a pea, and roll/squish it out. The last round of glueing I did didn't show up at all and I didn't have problems with the Pico Skim.

• Like 1
reefernanoman

I had a small outbreak of that algae that looks like grass(not hair algea). My friend at the LFS told me the sure way to get it out was to nuke it with hydrogen peroxide outside the tank. I went ahead and took all the rocks out, since luckily I don't have that many, and also squirted the stuff on those damn hydroids. I do have some die off from just a small part of my SPS, where the HP was in contact with them, but the algea turned brown and it's melting away and the hydroids seemed to have died too. I used a syringe to squirt the stuff on my problem areas of my rock.

• Like 1

I can't get enough of this. For some reason, most of the time only one shrimp comes, unless it's feeding time:

That is an awesome video :P

Do you have any trouble between the cleaners and the pistol shrimp?

• Like 1