Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

[Help Me!] An alternate way to remove this piece

ReviloM

I have tried a razor blade behind it to remove this piece but their isn't enough room to slice far enough for removal. Anyone can think of a way to remove this glass piece without damaging the outer glass?

15150720107_b2b34dfb5e_c.jpg

Is this on the fusion ? Was thinking about drilling the 20 but was unsure if they are tempered or not.

Yep. I finally got the AIO section out. I had to break the glass dividers to get it out. It's not tempered. A guy with a 30L drilled his but his thread has been inactive since he started his posts.

Is this on the fusion ? Was thinking about drilling the 20 but was unsure if they are tempered or not.

Here is the link: http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/343215-innovative-marine-nuvo-fusion-30l/?p=4756284

Also, I am having second thoughts about drilling it. I may just leave it undrilled, sumpless but have a skimmer. I look at my 7.5g propagation tank and it has undetectable nitrates and phosphates and only a skimmer. It does have seachem matrix as substrate though. I haven't done a WC in in about a month with it and all the shrooms have healed and are growing.

I may get a mame skimmer.

if its some sort of silicone and an empty tank try to melt it with a torch. ive resiliconed my gutters like that. just put tape a piece of cloth under so the silicone doesnt leak everywhere and dont burn the cloth :lol:

I have an older very thing pancake flipper that I use to remove siliconed pieces. I just took apart an old 600 litre Dutch Mini-Reef tank for the glass to build 2 smaller tanks.

Archived