inTank Media Baskets

Aqueon Evolve 8 Question

Drexellake

Does anybody know what size the bypass hole is on this tank so I can find something to block it better? This is the smallest nylon plug I could find. Works but is ugly as sin hanging out.

I nice small rubber plug would work great If I could find one this small. No luck at Home Depot or Lowes. The back it too rough to hold a suction cup.

IMG_20140923_193025215_HDR.jpg

I drilled holes on the bottom of the intake box and blocked the spillway in the back so there is no dead spots. The bypass is a good idea for someone that doesn't take care of their tank much, but I think most of us here check our water level pretty much daily.

I couldn't find any black marine putty. I'll find a rubber stopper or something eventually. I should have thought to plug it before filler her up. Live and learn.

BattleAthletics

I managed to cut out the media filter slots on the sides and drill the holes. I didn't do the spillway which I probably will do later. I just stocked the tank, it looks great and with a upgraded harbor freight 200gph pump and nozzle removed the water movement inside the tank has drastically improved.

I managed to cut out the media filter slots on the sides and drill the holes. I didn't do the spillway which I probably will do later. I just stocked the tank, it looks great and with a upgraded harbor freight 200gph pump and nozzle removed the water movement inside the tank has drastically improved.

Did the pump fit right on or did you need an adapter? I used a Sun Sun 160GPH pump. Just added a poly filter to polish and a sponge on top as a pre-filter.

Archived