Pod Your Reef

LED Power Supply

JKM023

Found this site through ledgroupbuy.com

I wanted get opinions about the correct power supply for my project. I was hoping to find the Meanwell Power Supply but ledgroupbuy does not offer...So wanted to find out if someone knows the right PS for me. Also any suggestions would be appreciated- First LED DIY Project!

(1) Coral Lux 5 up driver board

(10)Cree XT-E Royal Blue 5W, 2nd circuit will also be used for moonlight.

(10)Cree XP-G Cool White 5W

(4) Cree MC-E(RGBW) 10W

(2)Hyper Voilet 3W

(4) Meanwell LDD-1000H Driver

(1) Meanwell LDD-700H Driver

I havent used this exact power supply before, but these power supplies are pretty generic and they all perform similarly.

That being said, I have a 36v 10amp power supply, that has a pretty high electrical whine and the fan is pretty loud when its on. That 48V power supply doesnt have a fan on it, but I cant say anything about the electrical whine. Its best if you contact LEDgroupbuy and ask them about the power supply.

ill go with this http://www.ledgroupbuy.com/250w-48v-5-2a-dc-power-supply/]http://www.ledgroupbuy.com/250w-48v-5-2a-dc-power-supply/[/url] this will be able to handle 5 LDD-1000H drivers so you will be fine

Bad advice.

If you want to buy Fakewell chinese power supplies,, buy off ebay. They are half to a third the cost, for the same exact crap.

Recommend an HLG or CLG Meanwell from a reputable electronics source.

Thanks I was thinking the same. Do you have any experience with this PS? Anybody know about the Over all quality and performance, is it loud?

Loud, no.

Fire hazard, yes.

Definitely have to agree with farkwar here. I currently have one of the ones from LGB. And I will definitely be replacing it with an HLG before these lights get turned back on, the HLG's are definitely a bit more than the others ones but, so is fire damage repairs.

Bad advice.

If you want to buy Fakewell chinese power supplies,, buy off ebay. They are half to a third the cost, for the same exact crap.

Recommend an HLG or CLG Meanwell from a reputable electronics source.

Loud, no.

Fire hazard, yes.

In some way yes, Ebay has far cheaper power supplies that would do it the same thing. I only advised him cuz he was making a purchase from LEDgroupbuy, and its easier to show him exactly which specification he needs to buy. He could take my advice and buy it else where.

As for fire hazard, In my experience, I have yet to encounter any problems in using these style of power supply. In fact, they are widely used any industry. If you take the precaution of making sure nothing is shorting out, the fuses used are of the right capacity, keeping the amp draw under what they are rated, and kept in a dry place with enough ventilation, they will not spontaneously burst into flames.

Not saying what you advised arent good, you are paying more for extra security and a piece of mind. We;ll leave decision to the OP.

Archived