Coral Vue Hydros

DIY On Tank Light Mount

jabeuy

make a hood/canopy.. then you'll have zero light spill..

The tank is rimless so I wanna see what something tank mounted would look like. It would be a shame to hide a nice rimless with a canopy :)

Anyway, the problems I had with light reflection and spillage may have just been from a particular bulb I tried before. It usually isn't a problem when I go to fish store's frag tanks.

The tank is rimless so I wanna see what something tank mounted would look like. It would be a shame to hide a nice rimless with a canopy :)

Anyway, the problems I had with light reflection and spillage may have just been from a particular bulb I tried before. It usually isn't a problem when I go to fish store's frag tanks.

gotcha, yeah I'd want to keep a rimless nice and clean too..

what light are you using?

you can also make a "floating" canopy like this (which if done right would actually block most of the light spill):

019-2.jpg

Just ordered the same light Scorched is using: http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/296235-3-foot-office-nano-mr-aqua-12-gallon-long/

A floating canopy ia definitely an option. Now that the light is ordered, its either gonna be:

- tank mounted with the provided arms

- hanging

- floating canopy

Will have to wait for the tank to be built (let alone the light arriving) before I can do anything haha.

Archived