ReefCleaners.org

60F The Red & Black-First FTS

Giga

Them, so I assume multiple. Good :)

Maybe ;)

I really feel like kessil is missing out on the market that would mount these like stage lighting like you see over all those crazy stunning asian tanks. Why do we not have a kessil rail system yet.

They say there all that, but there just hot all hot air really. I only went with kessil as supposed to something diy that I normaly do is time and it was a good deal, but who's to say I won't put a twist on it?
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tomorrow I will be getting all the supplies for the stand-Will be an all cedar stand, and pics as I go over the weekend. I'm hoping that by the end of the weekend the stand will be up and tank will be in it's place

Thought you were getting out of reefing for a while ;). What was that? 2 Months haha?. Glad to have you back on board and with a Mantis tank!

Tomorrow I will be getting all the supplies for the stand-Will be an all cedar stand, and pics as I go over the weekend. I'm hoping that by the end of the weekend the stand will be up and tank will be in it's place

No more of your teaser pics, lets see real full pics :P

Thought you were getting out of reefing for a while ;). What was that? 2 Months haha?. Glad to have you back on board and with a Mantis tank!

I was actually gonna take a longer break but I needed a place to put a couple mangroves over the winter. Got me to thinking that a small tank would work then the whells started turning. What your about to c is those wheels. Plus my wife said ok :P Considering I already have a 220 and 150 gallon vivarium in the living room.

No more of your teaser pics, lets see real full pics :P

Its still kinda a mess, I have no rockwork yet and only half sand. once it's on the stand I will even if it's still messy.

On another note can you drill the bottom of a 60F?

I don't think you can drill ADA tanks, when I last checked. if this isn't the case I'm totally upgrading to a Mini S

I don't think there tempered, but I gonna go another route.

Also sorry for the no updates, but It was brought to my attention a crazy sale for bonsai tools and wire that I couldn't help myself. I ordered them from Japan and there master level stainless steel tool. I only ordered 2 tools as there pricey and got a but load of bonsai wire. I'll take a picture when they get here!

so I'll get some pics and updates soon!

Also got a new bonsai Pinus strobus(eastern white pine)-not the greatest bonsai material, but for 10$ and a 4" trunk I couldn't resist lol

pardon my awesome cellphone shot

http://s139.photobucket.com/user/Veritas21885/media/20141006_175833_zps057b5acb.jpg.html'>20141006_175833_zps057b5acb.jpg

Move to Texas and try to grow that. Now there's a challenge.

Not sure what pines would do well there, but my mangroves would be loving it!

• 2 weeks later...

I know I know, I've been slacking in the update department, but here's something to wet ur whistle

Bruguiera cylindrica(Small-Fruited Orange Mangrove) and Bruguiera sexangula(Sixangled Orange Mangrove)

IMG_2318_zps849358a5.jpg

These are not going in this tank but it is pretty interesting as I know have 4 different type of mangroves(red,black,sixangles,small fruited) and plan on getting a white this spring!

though my tank is not ready I'll take a couple pics of where it's at

you should do this with your White when you get it

4c2.jpg

it's my all time favourite thing ever, I don't think I have the know how to do it though

that's breaking my mind, do you have a source? I only really like mine so much because it's a mangrove. Just imagine that in an ADA 120F! (the pot is 4foot, so basically just imagine that with glass around it)

you should do this with your White when you get it

4c2.jpg

it's my all time favourite thing ever, I don't think I have the know how to do it though

I have enough bonsai knowlage to do that but not the time, that looks old!

That's pretty crazy one of my favourites is

Yeah that a pretty famous one, it's really cool rock planting.

that's breaking my mind, do you have a source? I only really like mine so much because it's a mangrove. Just imagine that in an ADA 120F! (the pot is 4foot, so basically just imagine that with glass around it)

I have a couple, I'll post a fts tomorrow and you might like what you see.

Side shot-All these are aireal roots and pneumatophores-you can also see a couple still shooting down

IMG_2333_zps861c0c4a.jpg

Really messy FTS of the 60F-Notice how dence the branch structure is(Left is black mangrove-Right is red mangrove). It's going to be like a shore line drop off kind of thing. I did break 2 branches while wiring that died off on the top right of the red mangrove :angry: The glass is dirty and there a crap load of stuff to do but so far this is where it's at-Let me know what you think

IMG_2337_zps36bf9eca.jpg

Now there is a Kick-Butt looking tank

Thank you-once there rock along the drop off part it will look SO much better

Very nice! Looking forward to more. All that shaded area would make a great spot for a blasto or acan garden.

I like the way you think!

I love it. Is the right side of the tank going to be a little nano system? or just keeping the mangrove in here?

There will be water filled just to where the roots are and a mantis shrimp will be in this and thats about it

Oh my god this is amazing. I really like the idea of a half deep half not sandbed, I've done the same! are you going to have purely rockwork for the drop-off? A small bag to create a 'pool' of sand along the back of the rock wall that cascades down over the rockwork would break the motony of single rockwork too and provide a gradual shift that draws the eye along the length of the tank

That tree is beautiful. I'm in love.

Oh my god this is amazing. I really like the idea of a half deep half not sandbed, I've done the same! are you going to have purely rockwork for the drop-off? A small bag to create a 'pool' of sand along the back of the rock wall that cascades down over the rockwork would break the motony of single rockwork too and provide a gradual shift that draws the eye along the length of the tank

That tree is beautiful. I'm in love.

It's actually two tree's a black mangrove and a red mangrove.I will cut a rock flat and will go against that piece of glass where the mangrove are, then a shallow sand bed on the rest. Since this is just a canister filter I want a small open area under the tree's

This is beautiful, get it wet! :P

As soon as the stand is done! Which should be next around the first week of November

Archived