SaltCritters.com

60F The Red & Black-First FTS

Giga

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm excited and following :)

Thank you!

That is really cool with the drop off. Made me think of something similar I would like to do in the future

Yeah I'm hopping it comes together in the end!

YAAASSSS!

I KNOW!!

• 3 weeks later...

Any updates?

Yes I do have some I just havn't had time to post them yet-I get retarded busy this time of year

Why so much Kessil bashing? I've had nothing but stellar results using there products.

They say there all that and a bag of chips, but really it's all bluff(even the fans are not totally silent).Yes they work, but nothing compared to the diy stuff you can produce and the same price or less, or other fixture that are actually full spectrum. The only thing that they have over other guys is form factor. That is the sole reason that I'm using them in this build

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Here ya go, a FTS. I'm still in mid process on setting it up, but it's where it's gonna go. I am still working on the light and a large post is coming on everything that it entails, as I changed my lighting a little bit-ok-alot. I wanted something a little more sexy and this is not the final look as I still have lots of work to do. I still need to hook up the filtration as well which will happen in a day or two, and I need rocks.

0209152047b_zpsa779391b.jpg

Here's what a nice old dense mangrove looks like :P It's about 18" long has 12 banches and around that many areal roots with a few forming. I broke 3 branches off :furious: moving everything so thats really annoying, so that bag you see has a graft in it. I'm gonna graft banches back on. I do it all the time in my bonsai collection so we'll see how well it works here. The black mangrove is on the left and it doing well too but is not nearly as well or gnarly but cool none the less.

0209152050_zpsd4b4b75b.jpg

Not sure how i missed this build buddy but very glad your back. I cant wait to see how this tank looks in a few months...

thanks! Should be pretty cool. It's part of a larger display where the mangrove lagoon use to be. There will be a massive banyan bonsai behind this in the center and this will accent the display. It's why I'm trying to go super low profile on it. Should be pretty cool once done and a lot less maintanence then a larger tank.

Love how this looks! Does the water ever clear up?

I just put sand and water in it hence the murky water, should clear up in a day or two.

• 2 weeks later...

021915095322_zps5947e5fc.jpg

Sorry, I'm not here all that often anymore. I just don't spend a lot of time on fourms anymore :o But I would still like to keep you all up to date on my musing. As you can tell it's not saltwater anymore. I dwelled on it and it's gonna be as simple as I can make it. More to come as I finish things up but it's getting there

• 2 months later...

Archived