Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

ADA 60p Soft Coral Mangrove Peninsular - Long overdue update

East1

infact, I saw that the first time I posted in your thread, it reminds me if what I (and possibly everyone else) thinks.

I just want to let everything settle after the re-scape, no point posting pictures of pissed off corals right?

• Like 1
infact, I saw that the first time I posted in your thread, it reminds me if what I (and possibly everyone else) thinks.

I just want to let everything settle after the re-scape, no point posting pictures of pissed off corals right?

Right :(

it's in the first post, it's an acrylic DVD storage case from Muji (they have a store in London, happened upon it)

Turns out they do the same dimensions roughly but with a pre-drilled hole on one end, so when this is time to upgrade I'm just going to add another to the same sump lol

OMG, that is looking sexy! Great rescape, I love it :wub:

Thank you! I absolutely adore the tank now!

I cleaned my diy skimmer and added a meshwheel, anyone care for a picture?

I'm also going to rebuild my LED again - this time it will be two individually lensed 10w chips that I plan to overdrive to double their amperage, with a custom cooling system. If it works, I may start producing and selling them as a retrofit kit, I just need to figure out how to make a body, and I really dislike AutoCAD (ironic considering I'm an engineering student)

Everything was looking happy today

bcd9926172.png

I tried out a black background, I kinda really like it.

033f805de7.png

also, isn't it a monstrosity!

375dea302a.png

it skims really well, I get maybe half a shot of dark smelly skimmate every day or two

• Like 3

Coralline spots on the rock, my torch coral's grown another mouth and is in the process of dividing it's head up entirely, and I've found a 2" exposed root as well as growth on the microroots on the mangrove. Things are settling in!

I found one more pic of my old reef tank from my sig

CjfJQ.png

• Like 1

New LED arrived! All wired up, but I need to tidy, weirdly the pair of drivers I bought both died after a few seconds of use, I have absolutely no idea why though which is disappointing, both had built in dimmers. I've just connected it all to what I have and it looks great, one 10k and one 14k led, running at 2,5 and 1A respectively, though I am tempted to push the 14k to 2A just for a bit more blue

Pics to follow but first I'm going to my LFS to pick up a prodibio reef kit and maybe something else

• Like 1

bd7e2ae29f.png

Not even gonna tease, that was just as I mounted it. I've since done this:

8c3d3120db.png

I sorta wish the heatsinks were neater, I'd have them on display. I may have to rebuild them and tiidy them up! Next in line is probably an adjustable Lens set.

Also, the smooth acropora and a valida at the top found their way home with me today :rolleyes:

• Like 2