Coral Vue Hydros

Best Beginner Book

Nano_Clown

I would like to get into reefing in the next year, and I would like to read several books that are for a complete beginner to reef tanks. I have had freshwater, but want to look into reefing. Can anyone recommend a non outdated guide? I would preferable have it be in the past year or two.

Thanks

NorthGaHillbilly

I would like to get into reefing in the next year, and I would like to read several books that are for a complete beginner to reef tanks. I have had freshwater, but want to look into reefing. Can anyone recommend a non outdated guide? I would preferable have it be in the past year or two.

Thanks

Im a big fan of books myself, but I dont think there are any that are easily available that will give you what your looking for. If you read every sticky here on NR you aught to have little trouble getting a nice tank going. Ask questions before you set up, youll always have a few "I should have done ____" but you can save your self some trouble with enough research. After set up youll have alot of the same questions we all had, and the search function aught to get you squared away.

NorthGaHillbilly

Albert Thiel's book of course. A must have.

There it is, thats the one I was thinking of, but from what I understood its next to impossible to get a hold of?

NorthGaHillbilly

Hm, I never had a problem when I bought it last year. Is it not on his site?

I havent looked, but thought at some point he said print copies were gone. Ill have to go check.

Thanks for the heads up

I havent looked, but thought at some point he said print copies were gone. Ill have to go check.

Thanks for the heads up

And inside are also member's photos from tanks here from NR.

Alberts book is a good primer but like they said it's only available in digital form now unless you can pry one out of someones hands. It was pretty expensive. You also get access to past and future issues of his online newsletter with every copy.

+1 for Thiel.

The Reef Aquarium Volume 1 -Sprung & Delbeek (spelling)

The Reef Aquarium Volume 2 -same as above

Neither of the two above were written anywhere near recently but the topics discussed in the books have not really changed since they were written -as they discuss concepts and not individual products.

Archived